Board logo

Completed engine conversion - Few Issues
Sporty - 1/6/09 at 08:53 AM

After 18 months off the road I have finished my Xflow to Zetec with ZX9r carbs conversion. Got my MOT on Friday and blasted about all weekend in the sunshine. The only problem with the MOT was a blown indicator bulb on the way there, can you believe with all the complex work its always something simple that causes you a problem.

Anyway a few outstanding issues some I've sorted but opinions invited on solutions.

1. Tickover seems to be running at about 2500revs even with the throttle backstop wound right off. Once I have the MJ working its going to Bogg brothers for rolling road so hopefully they'll sort it.

2. Significant overheating in traffic fan running all the time as well so I think its a general heat creation rather than a circulation problem, possibly due to 1 above.

3. Rev counter not working I think once I get Megajolt up and running I think I can feed off that.

4. Water leaks cold and hot from where I have connected rubber pipes to Ali tube not major but enough to be annoying.

5. Slight Fuel leak seems to be coming from the housing of the regulator.

6. Getting about 15 - 20 mpg even taking it easy probably due to 1 above or the fact I'm running on Edis.

But otherwise very please to be riding it around even if I'm still at that point where you expect it to breakdown any minute.

Ian

scotlad - 1/6/09 at 10:24 AM

I'm getting around 15 mpg with my zetec running Weber Alpha throttle bodies and management too. I'm also saving up for a rolling road session if the fuel bills dont bankrupt me first!