Board logo

Bike Carbs
jnormandale - 29/5/08 at 07:55 AM

Hi all,

Has been a while since I have posted due to my ever increasing kitcar fix which has resulted in me spend every hour of everyday searching the world for parts!

I know this probably has been covered thousands of times!

I am currently looking into fitting bike carbs to my 1.6 zetec and was wondering which model of bike would be best to source this (i.e GSXR)?

jacko - 29/5/08 at 08:10 AM

Hi i have a pinto and i have zx9r carbs fitted but you could use r1 too if you do a search you will find lots of info about them
Jacko

scoop - 29/5/08 at 08:30 AM

Contact Bogg Bros. They will know.

will121 - 29/5/08 at 11:34 AM

ive got ZX6 carbs on my tuned 1600cvh which at 38mm would think would be fine on a 1600zetec also come fitted with a throttle position pot on the end for of the butterflys for any electronic ignition system, think may be some pictures in my archive

David Jenkins - 29/5/08 at 12:04 PM

Here's my experience so far, using Honda CBR600 carbs and a home-made manifold.

Bike Carb link

Still an unfinished project as I'm currently sorting out the tuning. Once the weather improves I'll get back to it.

I can say even now that they are better than my old Weber DGV down-draft carb - tick-over is ultra-reliable and at a far lower rpm: unpredictable 1000+ rpm with the weber, rock-steady 750 rpm with the bike carbs. Also I no longer get a stink of petrol after stopping the engine (something to do with the weber sitting on a hot manifold, I think).

David

[Edited on 29/5/08 by David Jenkins]

Stuart_B - 29/5/08 at 02:12 PM

hi, i am have got a set of cbr600fx carbs and a home made manifold, like david.

i got a lot of my infomation of david's sight, it is very usefully.

i am have a 1.6 pinto running on cbr600 carbs.

there are some pics in my archive.

thanks

stuart