Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aluminuim "U" channel
Northy

posted on 11/4/04 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
Aluminuim "U" channel

Hi,

Does anyone have or know where I can get a little bit of ali "U" channel? I only need a little bit to hold the areoscreen at each side.

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gjn200

posted on 11/4/04 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Abracadabra
Is item 233 the sort of thing?

<- Me!

robinbastd

posted on 11/4/04 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Homebase/B&Q/DIY sheds stock it. Saw some in Focus the other day. IIRC it was in 2.5m lengths
HTH
Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

givemethebighammer

posted on 11/4/04 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I need some as well my local B&Q did not stock the single 5mm aluminium "U" channel required, only 7mm and 10mm. Maybe I will try Homebase or Focus ?.

However seems stupid to buy 2m when you only need about 20 or so centimetres.

Want to split the cost Northy ? I'll be working in York middle of next month for a few days so could meet you to deliver \ collect ?

[Edited on 11/4/04 by givemethebighammer]

Northy

posted on 12/4/04 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a good idea. Who's gonna go looking for it?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
givemethebighammer

posted on 12/4/04 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
I guess that depends on who needs it first. I am a little way off fitting the screen. However if you are in the same situation I am currently doing DIY around the house so won't be any trouble to grab some in one of our local DIY establishments.

Let me know

Northy

posted on 12/4/04 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
As you can see from my Avatar there's still plenty of other things to do, so no rush.

I won't be near any DIY places during the next week, so if you get chance, can you look for some? Keep in touch with how you get on, I'll be able to look for some next weekend.

Cheers

Graham

givemethebighammer

posted on 12/4/04 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
I should be going to some sort of DIY place this week - let you know.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.