Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT Citizens Arrest.
02GF74

posted on 26/3/09 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
Sounds about right!! I'm surprised the court didnt order compensation for loss of earnings..... after all he might have earned a few quid selling his loot if he hadnt been caught!! This country is a joke!! The more i see, the more i think emigrating to NZ is a brill idea!!

^^^^ yep I'm with you - maybe would you clump together and build a transport plane to get to NZ locost style.

No doubt the criminals will be cliaming some for of compensation.

DarrenW

posted on 26/3/09 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Iam utterly appauled. And to think that guy and his employee have probs faced 9 months not knowing if they are going to prison or not for defending what is rightfully theres.......

Conversely i dont think the judge had much of a choice and was probs as lenient as he could be, similar outcome to the older coppers take on it, however a tad more formal.

What is wrong is that people can rob knowing they have a good chance of either not being caught or getting away with it.

Sounds like the builder knew how far to take things without going too far. Sadly a lot of people wouldnt so its a more dangerous world if vigilantes are openly allowed to do what they want.

Ninehigh

posted on 26/3/09 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
If I could tie up people who break in to my house, car, etc. they'd be dumped in the middle of nowhere. I'm not calling the police as I have told them several times, and I've told them several times that they DID hear me say that and if they bothered to protect victims by turning up in under 3 MONTHS then I might have a different point of view.

Oh have you heard about this police pledge? Apparently our concerns are going to be listened to and acted upon. Let's flood the site with concerns that we, as victims, will be sent to jail for protecting what we've worked for all our lives.

EDIT: The directgov site is sh!te for finding you local coppers to voice your concerns

[Edited on 26/3/09 by Ninehigh]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.