Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Gear tomorrow. Start grumping now !!
zilspeed

posted on 26/6/11 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
5th gear were at dunsfold (top gear track) in last weeks episode, testing the new McLaren.

But not actually following the TG layout.
Well, that's how it appeared here.

Different camera angles etc, but the buildings were familiar as were the top gear skid marks from their track layout.

Hey, we can all get on.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 26/6/11 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
What a damn good episode they pulled out tonight.

Bit of childish fun from Hammond. A really passionate review of the 1 M// from Clarkson, a mildly interesting star, a fun race with May and then a really evocative tribute to the E-Type.

Anyone who could't find anything they enjoyed in that lot really isn't a petrol head.

Hopefully it will set the standard for the series.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Steve Hignett

posted on 26/6/11 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've never bothered to take part in a TG bashing post before so I guess my words won't mean much to most on here, but here goes nonetheless...

The only negative in my 35 yr old, yet relatively childish (blokish) intellect, was the first few seconds of the 1M video. ie. It could have started with precision driving and a bit of wheelspin, but no, they had to say that the car Is only capable of "this" behaviour...

D Beddows

posted on 27/6/11 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
I enjoyed it

Anything is better than 5th gear with Vicki Munter- Henderson - met her and not not only is she VERY average looking she's also a VERY average driver and a proper lesbian (which is her choice and not something I have a problem with btw) so don't loose any sleep over her gents....... then there is Jason Plato who probably now has to have a separate race truck to contain all the excuses as to why he can't win without trying in BTTC (or whatever it's called now) anymore - hint SIGN FOR A TEAM THAT HAS TURBO CARS IF YOU THINK THEY'RE FASTER........and then there is some random fat bloke......... yawn

kipper

posted on 27/6/11 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
tg

Well I really enjoyed last nights show, especialy the girl on a reasonably priced tea tray.
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 27/6/11 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
I was to busy having a real life to see it so how was it usual carp?

James

posted on 27/6/11 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
and a proper lesbian (which is her choice and not something I have a problem with btw)

Personally I prefer improper lesbians!

When she and her brother were interviewed on Radio4 she talked about her wedding (to a man). And again, it was mentioned when she was interviewed in Sunday Times magazine a couple of years ago.

Nor according to her wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicki_Butler-Henderson

"Butler-Henderson is married to former Fifth Gear producer and current Top Gear Series Director, Phil Churchward"

Now, I realise this might all be a smoke screen... but really?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/6/11 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
I was to busy having a real life to see it so how was it usual carp?

Ahhh you're one of them. Miserable losers who when they don't like something claim they 'have a life' so don't do it.

I have a life as well, had a great active Sunday with my Girlfreind and then my evening involved watching Top Gear and enjoying a cold beer and some nice food.

What exactly were you doing between 8 and 9pm in this amazing life of yours? Walking the Amazon? Volunteering for the NSPCC? Campaigning for Human Rights in China? Writing a novel? Painting an impressionist masterpiece?

Or more likely moaning about things on the internet. It's YOU who needs to get a life and realise that just because people like different things to you doesn't mean you have a more valuable life.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
r1_pete

posted on 27/6/11 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
I did enjoy last nights episode, Hammonds bit was funny, no where near as funny as the Reliant Robin episode, and the 10 minutes of E Type tribute was definately my thing, seeing how cramped Clarkson was in that OTS, reminds me of driving my coupe in the early 80s, and that buying a 2+2 a couple of years back was the right move.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 27/6/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Good show last night; enjoyed the E-Type tribute and the tea tray lady in particular.

Always improved by a bottle or 2 of Greene King IPA

JoelP

posted on 27/6/11 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
VBH also has a baby now as well as a husband.

But even if she were a plain looking lesbian, thats a rather simplistic reason not to like someone surely?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Strontium Dog

posted on 27/6/11 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James

Personally I prefer improper lesbians!

Er, Hell YES!

Top Gear's OK too though!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

scootz

posted on 27/6/11 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
My brain must be wired the wrong way as it was the Hammond segment that was the low-light of the show for me!

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeRJ

posted on 27/6/11 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
My brain must be wired the wrong way as it was the Hammond segment that was the low-light of the show for me!

Same here, it was all a bit pointless but the rest of the show more than made up for it.

James

posted on 27/6/11 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
Can someone tell me please.

Have they 'properly' had the Mclaren MP4-12C on yet? I know it was briefly shown in the studio only last series but as far as I know they didn't do the usual review and Stig test.

I know they've filmed it... so where the hell is it??? Or have I missed it somehow?

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

D Beddows

posted on 27/6/11 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
Lol must have been a 'phase' she was going through then anyway I'm sure she's very nice when she's not 'being' VBH but she is SERIOUSLY average looking and tbh I've never understood why grown men start acting like oversexed teenagers around her
Ninehigh

posted on 27/6/11 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Have they 'properly' had the Mclaren MP4-12C on yet? I know it was briefly shown in the studio only last series but as far as I know they didn't do the usual review and Stig test.

I know they've filmed it... so where the hell is it??? Or have I missed it somehow?

Cheers,
James

If it's the one I'm thinking of it did have the Stig test (based on the Enzo-ish?) but iirc they took it off on the basis that it's not a production car or something along those lines.

scootz

posted on 27/6/11 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
... I've never understood why grown men start acting like oversexed teenagers around her

Me neither (and it's the same with Sabine)!

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeFellows

posted on 27/6/11 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Cheers,
James

they showed it in the studio as a prototype on last seasons show, it did 35mph if i remember correctly.

top gear magazine this month has a 458 v mp4-12c on the front cover on the test track - so its definalty coming in the next few weeks

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.