Pirelli @£169 each 1 (0%) -»
something else? 8 (0%) -»
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tin top tyres
morcus

posted on 5/6/13 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
I had a set of Contis for 3 years on my second car, they came attached to the car (Which was brand new) and still had something olike 3mm of thread when I sold it 12K later.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

sdh2903

posted on 6/6/13 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locogeoff
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
And just to add, dont buy pirelli, the last set i bought were absolute crap and bloody expensive too. (p zero rosso)

Can you be a bit more specific about "absolute crap" I run P Zero rosso on an SLK280 with 18" wheels and the car seems absolutely planted, only seen the TC come on in the snow when I would agree it was verging on the unusable, you are not the first person to have this opinion on pirellis so I'm interested to hear opinions as the current set isn't going to last forever and it might make me change to a different tyre next time.

Regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff

At the time of fitting them to my 320d they felt absolutely fine, but they were replacing budget rubbish. They did tramline a fair bit but I put that down to them being pretty wide. However when they were replaced with the vredestein ultrac sessanta's the car felt so much better. The tramlining vanished, both wet and dry grip were improved by a good 25-30%, they also wore better (evenly). At the time the vredesteins were £60 a corner cheaper than the Pirelli's so a £250 saving over the set. They have gone up a bit in price now due to getting good reviews and gaining popularity.

However at the minute I would not look past the goodyear eagle F1 assymetric 2. I have recently put them on the front of my FWD tin top with 220bhp and they have been superb, the wet grip especially is incredible.

This site is great for tyre testing and reviews, gives a lot of various people with varying cars giving there day to day opinions:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/

locogeoff

posted on 6/6/13 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info!
coyoteboy

posted on 11/6/13 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Forgot to mention that Contis are also prone to cracking on the side walls. My missus does very little mileage in her tin top and the Contis on hers cracked after about 12-18 months Phil

? What sort of cracking? Mine has minor cracking too on the contis but nothing that poses an issue.

steve m

posted on 11/6/13 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Budgets for me know, as at my age, i no longer drive like Nigel mansell

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.