Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I got an interview!
Dangle_kt

posted on 25/3/09 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
I got an interview!

Reading between the lines some of you might have guessed that work isn't exactly a bed of roses at the moment...

but GOOD NEWS!

I got an interview for another job, on similar money working in a local council!

WOOHOO!

A woman I work with has a husband who is out of work, and he has been applying for loads of management posts without a sniff at an interview, so I'm chuffed to bits!

I have also recently submitted 5, yes 5 applications for jobs within the NHS, all on similar or more money than me, and all with person specs which I match!

I know the grass is always greener, but right now I'm not so much in a meadow as a slaughter house, so that sweet green grass looks very inviting!

blakep82

posted on 25/3/09 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
well done! hope it all goes good

i've been off work on holiday all week, been meaning to apply for new jobs. maybe i'll start tomorrow?

i'm basically walking into a sacking next week....

[Edited on 25/3/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Dangle_kt

posted on 25/3/09 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
well done! hope it all goes good

i've been off work on holiday all week, been meaning to apply for new jobs. maybe i'll start tomorrow?

i'm basically walking into a sacking next week....

[Edited on 25/3/09 by blakep82]

yeah I'm on "holiday" too

crap when employers stiff people over - but I had a good old dance round the room when I got the letter inviting me to interview.

Pull your finger out, you will struggle to finish your car with no income - its painful as hell filling in application forms, but really worth it. You only need to get one.

blakep82

posted on 25/3/09 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
i've had this week booked off for ages! lol when i thought i might be ready for SVA by now...

yeah i know, got a few ideas of what to do

surprisingly, my mum said keep pushing on with the car, buying parts on interest free credit cards and if need be she'll pay the minimum payments on it, which was nice

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Daimo_45

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one.

I'm getting laid-off from the Ministry of Justice next Tues and have been on the job hunting offensive for some weeks. I sent out roughly nine CVs and got nothing back until last Fri one response, in turn turning into two interviews and now a job starting next Wed! I can now afford the kit!

REMEMBER, it's an employers market, not an employees so pull out all the stops!!!

cd.thomson

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
before I got my job at the NHS I applied for 25 positions of which I met or exceeded the person speak.. Dont read too much into it if you dont hear anything. Now I work in the NHS its clear that they often fill jobs internally before the public advert.

Craig

omega0684

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
great to hear that, what is the job?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
triumphdave

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I got made redundant a couple of weeks ago.Its the first time I have been out of work since leaving school.The one thing I have noticed is everyone wants to see a CV now days,thing is I have never needed one before.I was thinking of getting a proper one done,has anyone any recommendations.
Oh and good luck with the interview.

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got

Daimo_45

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Most important pointers for a CV is to keep it clean, simple and concise, two pages max. Send me your email and I will send you a .doc template?
tomprescott

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations, good luck with your interview. Hope everyone else that's searching for jobs is successful too.
l0rd

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck m8. Have a good one.

Hope it will be better than my last interview. Got on car accident on my way there.
I nearly lost the job, was really lucky that the other candidate got scared and backed off. I was then called back to have one.

welderman

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
well done and good news, see you tomorrow

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

donut

posted on 26/3/09 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
There are something like 60 people after each job in the UK at the moment! Scary times!

Good luck, hope it goes well.

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.