Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT Citizens Arrest.
Andi

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
OT Citizens Arrest.

This is what happens when a hard working, respectable and generous good egg tries to protect his property.
SWMBO knows him better than I but we are both shocked regarding the charges.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/91000/In-the-Dock-builder-who-seized-a-burglar

Words of encouragement would be appreciated

[Edited on 25/3/09 by Andi]

[Edited on 25/3/09 by Andi]

omega0684

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
linky

that is appauling! i absolutely sympathise with him, i think iut would have been better if he had beaten the crap out of the robber and then claimed it was self defence! what is the system coming to when you try to do the right thing and you get penalised for doing so!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andi

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Apparantly the problem was that he took them back to the property once they had left it.
The guy with the screwdriver actually tried to attack him with it. He has convictions of gun and knife crime.

BenB

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Yup. Should have handed out some old school justice whoop-ass style....... Ridiculous state of affairs. Then again, driving over to their house and kidnapping the person is going a bit far!!! Should have just cable-tied the one little sh!t and called the bill and told them if they wanted to come in two days it was up to them but the person trussed up like a chicken on the floor might not be too happy....
flak monkey

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thats disgusting. But agree entirely with Bens comments above.

The judicial system really needs shaking up in this country! Property owners have no right to defend whats theirs, or so it seems.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

blakep82

posted on 25/3/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
WTF

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

tegwin

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm... I am in two minds...

Yes, protect your property.... but it does go over the top when you go to his house....

If I caught someone in my house I wouldnt hesitate to capture them if possible... might accidentally inflict some "self defence" wounds on them....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Paul TigerB6

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds about right!! I'm surprised the court didnt order compensation for loss of earnings..... after all he might have earned a few quid selling his loot if he hadnt been caught!! This country is a joke!! The more i see, the more i think emigrating to NZ is a brill idea!!

coozer

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Should have just battered his thieving scum nut in and kicked him into next week

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

A1

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
thats wrong...he should be getting thanked for taking some scum off our streets! at least he knows he did the right thing.
r1_pete

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Words fail.

Thing is if you polled the population of the UK 75% or more would agree with his actions, so why do we have these f$$$ing stupid laws.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daimo_45

posted on 25/3/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Thing is if you polled the population of the UK 75% or more would agree with his actions,

I completely agree with that statement and we apparently have a democratic government ? NO!

I say any burglar who puts themselves in this situation should expect a bullet in the head if caught red-handed!

omega0684

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
i sometimes wonder whether a 'judge dredd' system of prosecution should be voted for, just have one guy go around and shoot all the scum of the world, with a licence to kill!
blakep82

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
imagine if someone wasn't happy with their court decision, it could be put to a public vote (seems it can be done for everything else these days...) kind of like a gamble on a game show could go better, could go worse, but you'd have to stick with the vote decision

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

tomprescott

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
If you zip tied him you'd get in trouble, even restraining in the traditional arm lock to the ground can cause problems due to some absurd idea called "positional asfixia".

Our country is run by idiots, you may as well commit any crime you want, it seems as long as you're a repeat offender its ok, it sickens me to the core.

The law is geared in the favour of criminals, should you dare to protect yourself you'll get fined/arrested for taking the law into your own hands, but there are never any police officers around - obviously all the serious crime happens on the motorway!.

If anything like this ever happens to me I'll find them and leave them for dead in a ditch somewhere, do the world a favour.

[Edited on 25/3/09 by tomprescott]

Daimo_45

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
If you commit a crime in society it should be the societies decision on how you're dealt. Jury representing the population for every case! If only it was that easy!
alistairolsen

posted on 25/3/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
My flat was broken into on monday. Im glad I was out.

I secured the place and took a breaker bar to bed with me. if theyd come back id prolly be in court shortly.

Seems the law says you just have to pay thru the nose for insurance and then stand back and watch your stuff get taken and replaced.

Im getting out of the city asap, see if there is anywhere 'quiet' left on this godforsaken island.

focijohn

posted on 25/3/09 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Not a break in but... a friend of my dad (60odd) was going down a one way street the right way. Young lad came the other way BANG accedent. Actually went to the the court and the young lad was trying to to get compo from my dad mate for driving without due care....... madness.
I pray for anyone who breaks into my house. Ask tegwin ^^^

I would shake the hand of the farmer that shot the kid who broke into his house. IIRC his family described the kid as a nice family guy.... go figure.

[Edited on 25/3/09 by focijohn]

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

hellbent345

posted on 25/3/09 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
this is absolutely appalling as if we cant defend our own things, that we have worked hard for! i simply cant believe the law can be geared so badly in the thieving scums advantage!! we do need a judge dredd style judicial system, just a how do you plead, i knew youd say that and then sentence them to death on the spot. I have thieves with a passion i dont understand why the hell it takes police so long to deal with them, when they come down on speeders etc like a ton of bricks! f*cking w*nk stains pigs are SH*T!!!!

Again, just more ammunition for me to move the hell away, if anyone is interested immigration group

focijohn

posted on 25/3/09 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
how do u start your own political group?

Whos in?

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

handyandy

posted on 25/3/09 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
WTF
i,m sorry but if i found myself in same situation then the intruder wouldn,t be able to walk out of my house, police could take as long as they need to get to my house then,
i believe you are allowed to use "reasonable force " to protect yourself/family/property, but why should i be reasonable?????
if they didn,t break in they wouldn,t have broken legs, SIMPLE!!
Its a joke the way the victim is made to suffer in all ways

owelly

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I few years ago, a friend of a friend of mine was snoozing in his kitchen after and afternoon/evening on the beer. Something woke him up and he realised, someone was trying the kitchen door. As they slowly opened it, he grabbed the scum, pulled him inside and kicked seven shades out of him. A neighbour had seen this kid creeping around and called the BiB. When they turned up, the friend of a friend was covered in blood. His kitchen was smashed up and the crim was slumped cowering in a corner.
The young copper started to read the friend (of a friend!), his rights but the older sergeant took the young copper to one side and had a word in his ear. They phoned an ambulance and explained to the medics that the beaten up guy had fallen down the kitchen steps...............

Corrupt copper, but a good corrupt copper.....??

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

handyandy

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
maybe corrupt is too strong a word, i,d say a copper that see,s sense & fairplay, like i said in my earlier post.....if they didn,t break in they wouldn,t get hurt,
simple ! just like the thieving scum SIMPLE/

andy

DIY Si

posted on 25/3/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I few years ago, a friend of a friend of mine was snoozing in his kitchen after and afternoon/evening on the beer. Something woke him up and he realised, someone was trying the kitchen door. As they slowly opened it, he grabbed the scum, pulled him inside and kicked seven shades out of him. A neighbour had seen this kid creeping around and called the BiB. When they turned up, the friend of a friend was covered in blood. His kitchen was smashed up and the crim was slumped cowering in a corner.
The young copper started to read the friend (of a friend!), his rights but the older sergeant took the young copper to one side and had a word in his ear. They phoned an ambulance and explained to the medics that the beaten up guy had fallen down the kitchen steps...............

Corrupt copper, but a good corrupt copper.....??

I think that is one of those times where the police know full well that a good kicking will do far more than 10 minutes in front of a judge ever will. That's one kid who has learnt that breaking and entering doesn't always pay. And so will his mates. All it takes is a few folk to stand up and soon the word gets out that the local won't put up with it.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Daimo_45

posted on 26/3/09 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
That is not a corrupt cop but a cop that can see through all that Political Correctness crap!

That kicking prob done more than jail would have and he's prob on the straight and narrow now.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.