Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750MC Locost Regs - changed from 2007?
TimC

posted on 15/7/09 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
750MC Locost Regs - changed from 2007?

Hi Chaps

Is there anything that I need to check that has changed in the Locost regs since the 2007 season when my car last raced? The belts are new and I know that the extinguisher needs a service.

Also, the car has a sort of home made remote linkage to bring the gear knob back. There are no rod-ends so is this ok?

Cheers

TC

procomp

posted on 15/7/09 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

The car should be fine as it has already raced in the championship as stated. All the changes in the regulations that where changed from 2007 are the regulations in RED.

One of the obvious ones that may affect you is that the carburetor fuel inlet union has to be changed to a screw in type rather than the old push in type.

I doubt you will be thrown out on your first event. More likely told what changes need to made or problems addressed.
Unless you've fitted a turbo Etc .

Cheers Matt

Edit: gearchange will be fine.

[Edited on 15/7/09 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 15/7/09 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
No turbo, but I've attached a sail in the hope of a following wind.

ironside

posted on 15/7/09 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
The only other change I can think of was to standard ratios in the gearbox from 2008 onwards.

In 2007 mixing and matching was still allowed.

TimC

posted on 15/7/09 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Well, lets hope that there's no gear nonsense on my car because I'm not going to have time to check that!

ironside

posted on 15/7/09 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure you would've been told if it had a special gearbox. I was still building when those were allowed and was watching the reg changes which is the only reason I remember.

As far as I know I think people only did the mixing and matching with the 5 speed Type 9 anyway and you have a 4 speed I guess if it has a remote? Either way, like Matt says, you won't get turfed out on your first event unless there is something hugely and obviously wrong.

[Edited on 15/7/09 by ironside]

procomp

posted on 16/7/09 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

You may even get away with a sail by claiming it is incase we encounter more weather conditions such as Anglesey. Mind and outboard motor hanging of the back will not be tolerated.

Are you doing the Friday test at Silverstone or any trackday beforehand. ?

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 16/7/09 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Yep - although I forgot to book it with the races. I last drove Silverstone at 'Trax '99' I think so I can't remember any of the circuit.

Should be interesting. A first race at Mallory would have been a more gentle introduction.

gib1et
Junior Builder

Posts 16
Registered 13/5/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a healthy points tally in the Locost Championship

posted on 16/7/09 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Not sure if anyone's mentioned minimum towing eye size yet (60mm sounds right)? This was a blue book change not a Locost specific change if I recall.

What most people did was either bolt or weld on a bigger exhaust clamp or get a length of carriage strap and attach it to the existing tow point.

Welcome to the fold by the way

Cheers
Jason

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.