Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD: All things Duratec.
andylancaster3000

posted on 7/11/10 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
WTD: All things Duratec.

Duratec conversion well on its way now. Bellhousing done, engine mounts done, sump mods underway etc etc. We're now getting to the expensive bits; inlet and exhausts.

Exhausts:
With the exhausts we are looking at getting one made to my spec by a firm in Norfolk who I've had things done by before but we're considering modding an old pinto manifold as an initial step. So a) how easily can a reasonable job be made doing it this way. I.e. how does port spacing etc compare to the duratec? ...and b) has anyone got something going spare that would suit the job?

Also need a 100cell cat. What is the best place to get one of these from at the moment? Only needs to pass the silly 750mc regs.

Inlet:
Going to go injection with 45mm throttle bodies of some description with an as yet undecided choice on ECU. So:

a) has anyone got a 45mm dcoe type manifold surplus to requirements?
b) would consider a 45mm bore bike throttle body setup. What do I need to look at to get this size? And has anyone got anything that I could consider buying.
c) same goes for ECU...

Lots of questions I know. Just can't seem to make our minds up on the best route. Could do with a little inspiration really! In typical Lancaster style the DIY approach is prefered...

Cheers,
Andy

FASTdan

posted on 8/11/10 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
The pinto is roughly an inch longer and the port spacing follow suit. Therefore the two outer headers need a reasonable amount if persuasion!

I have 8mm ms exhaust flanges in stock, and also 10mm inlet flanges. If u decide to go bike tb's I have done a few manifold similar.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
big-vee-twin

posted on 8/11/10 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Here is one of Fas Dan's manifolds, I'm using GSXR750 Throttle Bodies they are 42mm

GSXR on Duratec
GSXR on Duratec

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

RichardK

posted on 8/11/10 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
ive a spare exhaust flange going spare £20 posted? any good

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_gsxr

posted on 8/11/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
lengthy throttle body comparison.

ms link

dl1000 twin uses 45mm tbi's, but you'd need 2 bikes worth and lots of fettling.
gsxr1300 are 46mm, but normally expensive.

[Edited on 8/11/10 by matt_gsxr]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.