Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: car craft
kj

posted on 22/6/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
car craft

Any one bought from these, I know they are pushy sales.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

MK9R

posted on 22/6/11 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
When i looked there a few years ago they were massively overpriced and the APR was worse than a back street loan shark!!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nige

posted on 22/6/11 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
i went once and they attack you as soon as you walk in
wanted to know how much i was spending
said it was to guide me to the relevent area , yea right !

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

rj

posted on 22/6/11 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Overpriced, and sales tactics that can surely only work with total idiots ! I some ways it is worth a visit, just to be astounded at the sales approach, but not to buy a car !!
stevegough

posted on 22/6/11 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Avoid! Incredibly pushy sales, vastly overpriced, massive APRs.....yeah - agree with everything above.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

BigFaceDave

posted on 22/6/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
My brother in law bought a citreon a few years back and the rear drums where grinding so he took it back and when it came back it had no grinding noise which seemed ok until he took it for a mot and it failed on rear brake efficentcy and when they looked there where no shoes in the drums! So just a warning be careful!
mookaloid

posted on 22/6/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Car Craft - for people who can't buy a car anywhere else because a) they have no money and b) because they can't get credit anywhere else.....

Proof if you ever needed it that the less able and poorer you are then the more you get ripped off.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

kj

posted on 22/6/11 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I had be told about them but was going to pop in for a look , as one of my mates has been offered a job with them .
I think I best showing him this post before he accepts , if that's what they are like I don,t think he would stick it.

Locost builders the first place to ask for anything

[Edited on 22/6/11 by kj]

Liam

posted on 22/6/11 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Car craft = satan.

Basically they prey on people absolutely desperate to have a car they can't afford, have it straight away, and who only think about monthly payment amounts and not the final cost. They do this by providing an eye-wateringly bad loan then finding a tatty car to go with it. Warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on either.

This is a humerous thread from another forum about a guy raped by car craft (and happy about it!)...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18019506

[Edited on 22/6/11 by Liam]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 22/6/11 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
My brother in law went to Carcraft to look at cars a couple of motors ago. When he said he wanted to pay cash they would not sell him a car.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jon Ison

posted on 22/6/11 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Only been once, never got to look at a car, they wanted to sit us down and talk money before we where allowed to look !!!

Walked away, theyvare the bright house of the car world.

Ninehigh

posted on 22/6/11 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kj
Any one bought from these, I know they are pushy sales.

Understatement!

Last time I went in I told them I was looking for a car to use as a taxi, had no figures other than what I was already paying out for the hired one I was using at the time. No problem with someone coming to me straight away and being nice.

I spotted a MG z-something, big estate one. "That'd be nice" I thought, and asked for the keys, you know so I can have a proper look inside.

I got sat at a table and sent through all these payment things, which kept going up and up. All this time they were asking me how much I can afford, to which I have no idea but could I get a) a look inside the vehicle and b) a price.

No dice.

Eventually I got annoyed enough with this to stand up and demand a price. Now. And not bs me around because why the hell is this going UP every time I see it (it had gone from £110 a month to £180 a month in half an hour and I never found out why)
Then the salesman got equally snarky and asked me if I wanted the car, so I told them that seeing as all I asked for was a look inside it and they've consistently refused all my requests then no I don't want the car, at which point he tore up all the paperwork he'd done and binned it in front of me.

I'd been there a few times previously (my brother got 2 cars from them) and for the first time the salesman at the door wasn't there to ask what they'd have to do to get a sale from me... No doubt they could see I was blazing at the subversity and childishness. This was also the first time I ever rang a company's head office to tell them what had happened and it was right out of order.

Never been back.

KJ in all fairness (and tbh I see no reason why I should be fair on them) it looks like they have rather strict and maybe ludicrous sales targets... I get the feeling that if you asked about it he doesn't have the personality to keep this job
Trust me some jobs require a certain type of person (not saying anything bad about anyone or any job!)

kj

posted on 22/6/11 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
was mentioning this to lad at work and he said that he contacted we buy any car and was told to take it to carcraft and they offered him £200 for his very good condition astra sxi on a 53 plate, he told them to f*^£ off he would rather scrap it.
And my mate has rang them to decline the job, said he would rather be on the dole than rip people off.

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

sonic

posted on 22/6/11 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Car craft own we buy anycar .com

A mate of mine had a job in Leeds for all of a week when he realised the mechanics had all done time and one was on parole

Ninehigh

posted on 22/6/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sonic
A mate of mine had a job in Leeds for all of a week when he realised the mechanics had all done time and one was on parole

Sounds like one manager went over the top with the diversity thing:

"Don't turn people away because they've been in prison? I'LL GIVE YOU 'DON'T TURN PEOPLE AWAY BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN IN PRISON!!' "

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.