Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA
mick10

posted on 27/6/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA

just had letter back from DVLA regarding issuing a chassis number and they have arranged an appointment for me to take my car to VOSA to inspect before issuing, is this the norm or are Manchester DVLA jobs worth's, is their anything to be worried about or is it just a simple procedure.

Thanks

corrado vr6

posted on 27/6/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
When i applied they just sent me a number, no inspection! I have heard of others on here have just made up there own and then sent them off to the DVLA

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

Davg

posted on 27/6/11 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, varies between offices some will do home inspections, others not hence request.
Cheers D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

James

posted on 28/6/11 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Mine (Wimbledon) were fine with using my own created chassis number (I wrote and asked them to confirm my choice was ok) but they still wanted an inspection.
They were (however) willing to come visit me at home. Seeing as the car was a long way from transportable at the time, that was fine by me!

Frankly, it could've been any car, with any donor from any age and the guy would've accepted it. Clearly he was more paper pusher than mechanic! He tried to tell me I'd get a 'Q' plate (and this came accross as a ploy to annoy me) but I knew he didn't make the decisions as that was down to my DVLA case worker who I'd already made sure I'd built a good relationship with!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.