Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: build manual
smiss1

posted on 31/7/11 at 09:49 AM Reply With Quote
build manual

Hi

I need help ive just bought locost unfinished project started 2000 chassis with 1300 xflo engine in all on rolling chassis supensions all built chassis built from plans but no build manual wife whos husband was building lost manual im at a lost finding a manual please anyone can you help.thanks Smiss1

scutter

posted on 31/7/11 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Halfords or Ebay matey, and welcome to the mad house.

P.s. If you put your location in your control panel then someone local might be able to help.

ATB Dan.

[Edited on 31/7/11 by scutter]

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 31/7/11 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Build Your Own Sports Car: Scratch Build a Sports Car | eBay

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

tomgregory2000

posted on 31/7/11 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
send me your address and you can have my copy for free
Mark Allanson

posted on 31/7/11 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
Don't get How to Build Your Own Tiger Avon Sportscar - For Road a | eBay one, the end result is poor and look at the price!!!!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Strontium Dog

posted on 31/7/11 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Don't get How to Build Your Own Tiger Avon Sportscar - For Road a | eBay one, the end result is poor and look at the price!!!!

I agree that the price for that particular book is absurd, but why is the end result "poor"? Having built several of these chassis and them being stronger and stiffer than the book locost I can't quite see your point! I do admit I have tweaked them to my own requirements and I've built custom wishbones and have widened the front track but that's no big thing!

[Edited on 31/7/11 by Strontium Dog]

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

Mark Allanson

posted on 31/7/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
The chassis isn't the cars main weakness, the Tiger GRP work is renowned for its [errr] asymetry (to put it mildly).

I think the numbers speak for themselves, how many Locosts and Avons on the road?

Arthur T wareing

posted on 31/7/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi the first thing you need to do is look at chassis if it has a live axle then it is the Ron Champion book you need if it has rear wishbones its the haynes roadster if its got the Sierra trailing arms its the avon roadster it don't matter which one you still need the correct one unless your really clued up on kit cars. If their is anything you want to know then this is the place to find out these boys know everything. I've been building cars for 44 years with the Ford Motor Company and kit cars since1989 and they can still teach me a thing or two. So get on and get building you'l love it. Regards Arthur
40inches

posted on 31/7/11 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to LB.
Put photos in your archive of what you have got, helps narrow down any advice people can give you

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.