Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 3rd gen eaton 45 & 62 snout swapping?
Craigorypeck

posted on 17/2/13 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
3rd gen eaton 45 & 62 snout swapping?

will the snout from a m45 fit on a m62? from pics online the bolt pattern look near identical at the front and the extra capacity is gained from the unit length and the rotor diameter is identical. i know this is probably not likely but maybe someone knows first hand? would make upgrade very easy!
cheers!

[Edited on 17/2/13 by Craigorypeck]

ChrisW

posted on 17/2/13 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Based on my limited experience, I would suggest that it will work.

I have a TRD branded kit originally designed for the US Toyota Camry. It is an M62 'back' with an M45. I know M45 bits fit as I have swapped the bearing plate (the bit the snout bolts to) over from a Mini Cooper M45.

Comparing the mini M45 rotors with the original M62's it really is the case that they are identical in everything other than length.

There are pics in my archive but ask if you need anything specifically compared.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Craigorypeck

posted on 17/2/13 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
been googling it for a few hours and it seems they are interchangeable.. this would make the upgrade very very easy as i use the front casing bolts to mount it and my pulley would also remain in the same place. slight mod to piping flange and I'm in business. thanks m8!
old_timbo

posted on 18/2/13 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
There are different drives on M62s. The type from Mercs with electric clutches wouldn't be any good to you as you can't fit the snout from a M45 to them. I posted a picture in the photo archive a while ago which shows the problem. Not sure if you can access it (I don't seem to be able to open photos posted by others). If you do PM me with your email address and I'll email it to you.
Craigorypeck

posted on 19/2/13 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. I wanna use the the complete snout and pulley from the m45 on the 62. I contacted magnusson in the US and they said it was a straight swap. the casting is a bit different but the bolt holes will match I'll pm you my email for the pics you have.
the pic shows the laser cut mount i wanna keep at the snout

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.