Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Half doors / side screens
Spud1985

posted on 14/3/13 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Half doors / side screens

Currently looking to add some half doors / side screens to my Mac#1 Locost however there doesn't seem to be much choice about but the ones that have caught my eye are from Fluke Motorsport.

http://www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk/half-doors-suitable-for-locosts-westfields-p-95.html?options={11}7{9}20{10}1

Has anyone fitted these to their locost??

Westy1994

posted on 15/3/13 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a reason why you can't make some ?. At the prices that your above link are quoting for 2, I could run my car for almost 12 months . Last year I made 2 full doors with perspex windows for a third of the cost of just 1 of those fluke ones.

just my opinion.

Spud1985

posted on 15/3/13 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
Is there a reason why you can't make some ?. At the prices that your above link are quoting for 2, I could run my car for almost 12 months . Last year I made 2 full doors with perspex windows for a third of the cost of just 1 of those fluke ones.

just my opinion.

I wouldn't know where to start with GRP / Fibreglass construction for the half doors.

When it comes to fabricating items i am near as useless but bolting things together or items that require slight adjustments to fit i would say i'm competent in doing, so the fluke motorsport items are ideal for me, although yes the cost is slightly on the higher side.

Westy1994

posted on 15/3/13 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
That's fair enough, although we all learn't once. Its really not hard once you work out what you want to build, in the early days I cheated a used an mould made from the actual part ( I know you can't do that in this case) then after a while made my own moulds, its very satisfying and you always have the option of making another part should one get damaged. Have yopu considered using fabric instead, or is it the carbon you want?.
Spud1985

posted on 15/3/13 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
That's fair enough, although we all learn't once. Its really not hard once you work out what you want to build, in the early days I cheated a used an mould made from the actual part ( I know you can't do that in this case) then after a while made my own moulds, its very satisfying and you always have the option of making another part should one get damaged. Have yopu considered using fabric instead, or is it the carbon you want?.

It's the carbon I was after as it matches some other features on the car. And I'm also not keen on fabric ones.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.