Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bracket making
theduck

posted on 1/4/13 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Bracket making

I have come to the conclusion that my fabrication skills are not up to the job, and I need two brackets making the will support my headlights and indicators. I have produced a very basic 3d CAD drawing of what I need making (well the right hand one anyway...) and wondered if any of the more gifted welders would be willing to have a look and maybe provide a price for their time and materials in making me a pair?

I have provided a shot from CAD of what I am after, though the cyan piece should be a triangular gusset, I've never used CAD before and so this was the best I could do...

theprisioner

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
I am a bit far away to help, just a hint for you, thickness and material type is a good start, some dimensions thereafter
watsonpj

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi not close enough to help on the making but I put a quick drawing together of what I think your looking for so mark up with dims and then someone may be able to help.

[img] BRACKET
BRACKET
[/img]

cheers Pete

theduck

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry of cause, longest edge on red piece is 12.5cm, longest edge on blue piece is 10.5 cm, short edge is 8cm.

Material and thickness I'm not too bothered, and so cost and strength dependent I suppose. I would need guidance from whoever makes it. I've knocked up the design based in what I remember the original being like, which also had the bracket for the original clam shell wings on, unfortunately I no longer have them and of cause measurements I've taken of where they need to fit.

theduck

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by watsonpj
Hi not close enough to help on the making but I put a quick drawing together of what I think your looking for so mark up with dims and then someone may be able to help.

[img] BRACKET
BRACKET
[/img]

cheers Pete

Thanks Pete. Will do that now. Only bit different to what I intended is the, on my diagram, pink and yellow section, is intended to form an L bracket, the pink for the indicators to attach to and the yellow hiding the wiring etc.

theduck

posted on 1/4/13 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Measurements as below.

watsonpj

posted on 1/4/13 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
like this then

[img] bracket2
bracket2
[/img]

just need to add the thickness I've gone with 2mm

good luck getting it made

Pete

theduck

posted on 2/4/13 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Exactly that. Thanks
theduck

posted on 2/4/13 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Local rhocar member has offered to make them if I supply material

I have enough 1.6mm steel already, would this be strong enough or should I stop being tight and buy some 2mm? I have room to add another gusset to the underside of top section if needed.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.