Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fiesta brake master cylinders going cheap. Be quick!
40inches

posted on 11/7/13 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Fiesta brake master cylinders going cheap. Be quick!

Not the non servo, but has a 19mm bore so should be good.
ebay

NTDWM by the way.

[Edited on 11-7-13 by 40inches]

Bluemoon

posted on 11/7/13 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, just ordered.. Thinking of "upgrading" i.e. 34% less pedal effort than 22mm standard sierra one, especially as other half is very used to servo assistance!

Dan

40inches

posted on 11/7/13 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
Thanks, just ordered.. Thinking of "upgrading" i.e. 34% less pedal effort than 22mm standard sierra one, especially as other half is very used to servo assistance!

Dan

Yep, I ordered one "just in case", happy with the Sierra at moment, but the Fiesta ones are usually £35-£45

jon200

posted on 12/7/13 at 05:34 AM Reply With Quote
I thought sierra ones were 0.75" so 19mm? Is there an easy way to tell?
40inches

posted on 12/7/13 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jon200
I thought sierra ones were 0.75" so 19mm? Is there an easy way to tell?

Sierra are 22-23mm

justy75

posted on 18/7/13 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yep ordered one too. Will do this with some 1144s and see the transformation.......!
40inches

posted on 18/7/13 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
All sold now.

justy75

posted on 18/7/13 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Actually, assuming that these Fiesta ones holes are sized and / or placed differently, has anyone got a template of a bracket to fit? That would be very much appreciated!

Or at least the sierras hole size and spacing, as it would save taking the Sierra one off, giving us more time out in the car making the most of this fabulous weather!

40inches

posted on 19/7/13 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by justy75
Actually, assuming that these Fiesta ones holes are sized and / or placed differently, has anyone got a template of a bracket to fit? That would be very much appreciated!

Or at least the sierras hole size and spacing, as it would save taking the Sierra one off, giving us more time out in the car making the most of this fabulous weather!

I'm in no rush either, so will be making a drilling template. It will only need 2 holes drilling for the mounting bolts, so straight forward.
One of the front line connectors is M12x1, so will need an adaptor, or a short length of 3/16 tubing with a straight connector.

justy75

posted on 20/8/13 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Some feedback on these Fiesta master cylinders

Having purchased one of these and now had it fitted, I thought that I would offer some feedback for others who have or are considering getting a Fiesta or 19mm master cylinder, as an alternative to the tried and tested Sierra master cylinder.

I originally had a Sierra master cylinder, with HiSpec 4 pots and EBC greenstuff pads. My original feeling was that the level braking was poor. Other than the exceptionally long stopping distance required to stop the car, it had an incredibly wooden feel to the pedal, with pretty much no feel. It also took a lot of force to stop the car.
I was aware that the Greenstuff pads were not the best but wanted to try and improve the actual braking before changing the pad compound and getting the Mintex 1144, as everyone seems to have recommended these as offering a significant improvement over the Greenstuff.
As I couldnt find an early Fiesta non servo master cylinder, I opted for one of these as I was advised that it would be pretty much perfect.

Unfortunately it is not a direct fit as the holes are narrower than the Sierra one so a bracket had to be made.

It is also a bit longer in length than the Sierra one (roughly 1/3" longer). This caused another problem initially as it touched the Webers. By mounting the bracket behind I was able to make it fit, but beware its a bit longer and may cause a few issues particularly if you are limited for space in that area.

Was it worth the money and effort? Yes.
Still using the Greenstuff pads the braking has improved maybe somewhere between 80-100%. Stopping distance is definitely shorter and requires far less pressure to stop the car. The pedal actually has feel now too and does not feel wooden at all. I can actually lock the wheels now too if need be.

Only downside if you call it that is that it seems to have slightly longer travel, with a noticeable first part of the press seemingly not doing anything, but then the braking kicks in and all is good.

If you are running a Sierra master cylinder and you think that its braking is not up to scratch, then this is Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

I am looking forward to seeing the improvement when I eventually change to the Mintex pads.

jps

posted on 10/9/13 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Have dragged up another thread before I found this one - these M/Cs are back on eBay. I hope so anyway as I have just bought one :-D

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.