Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C20xe and Mbe engine management
donn006

posted on 10/8/14 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
C20xe and Mbe engine management

Hi all I'm thinking of selling my spare engine but don't really know what it's worth so I think the word is gauging interest ,,right here we go it's a c20xe fully rebuild about 3k miles ago it's got arp bolts ,rings,shells,mains ,high lift cams ,gsr throttle boddies modified sump ,exhaust headers rwd clutch,Mbe engine management engine loom it was mapped at Northants Motorsport but since then it's had new cams polished /ported head ,I've now changed to a c20 let turbo
Ben_Copeland

posted on 10/8/14 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Rarity has pushed up prices. Coscast heads are around £300 if not messed with.

Think you'd be looking at £1000 for engine and a few hundred for management on ebay.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

perksy

posted on 10/8/14 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair i think their always worth more if you can hear them in the car and also drive the car if possible.
(So *if* this is the case it'll be worth more than if its sat on the floor in the garage)

The MBE would need mapping to the new spec engine (you mention head has been flowed since original mapping)

I'd sell the MBE separately as it can be used on other cars and perhaps sell the loom by itself aswell.

As for price its always dependent on what folks will pay, but i'd guess all together about a grand on a good day.

If it happens to have a Coscast on it that's in good condition then that's worth around 275 quid by itself.
(sold one a while back for exactly that) and if it has a tubular exhaust manifold that's more money again..

Also, Receipts will help to sell the spec of the engine

[Edited on 10/8/14 by perksy]

scootz

posted on 10/8/14 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
What MBE ECU is it?

It's Evolution Baby!

donn006

posted on 10/8/14 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
I think I've still got the build pics and a video of it running before I took it out
donn006

posted on 10/8/14 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Ecu

I think the ecu is a Mbe 956 which originally was for a zetec but was modified by sbd developments to fit the vauxhall c20xe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.