Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hailstones the size of golf balls
mookaloid

posted on 18/7/05 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hailstones the size of golf balls

Just thought you might like to see these pictures of my mates new BMW after the storm on the Newark Show weekend.

Cheers

Mark

mookaloid

posted on 18/7/05 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
and another
DarrenW

posted on 18/7/05 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
OMG

Is the damage covered on the insurance?? How is he / she going to fix that?? Did it happen at Newark or on the way back - i cant remember any hail stones.

ned

posted on 18/7/05 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
note to self: carry some old duvet's in case of hail storm.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 18/7/05 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
It was parked outside his house near Northallerton (close to Thirsk) at the time.

It's a company car so I guess it's insured.

I will pass on your suggestion re the old duvet Ned

donut

posted on 18/7/05 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Trouble is the insurance may say it was an act of God and won't pay up. I would say it was vandalised......you don't have to say by what it was vandalised!

Bloody worrying though!

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Andrew+dad

posted on 18/7/05 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
he shpould say he was at golf the other day left his car in the car park and came back to it like that lol

tht is unlucky and WTF lol never seen hail that big

David Jenkins

posted on 18/7/05 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Same thing hit my village a few weeks back - repairs costing my neighbours between £1500 - £3000 (or their insurers, anyway), with a couple of quite tidy cars written-off.

My wife's car roof is a bit dented, but she's not too bothered as she plans to run it into the ground. My little trailer had its wheel arch smashed, and one indicator lens got smashed.

Hardly anyone in my village had an intact greenhouse afterwards! (we ended up on Anglia News, as well...). Oh - and 22mm of rain in 15 minutes came with it...

rgds,
David

[Edited on 18/7/05 by David Jenkins]

Rorty

posted on 19/7/05 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
We get massive hail storms here that wipe out roofs of whole suburbs. I remember a few years ago, there was a bit of news footage shot from the air and as far as the eye could see, there were nothing but blue poly tarps covering the houses where tiles had once been.
Some car dealers have annual "hail sales" where they sell off their hail-damaged stock.
At least once a year there's a photo in the newspaper of a primary school kid posing with a cricket ball-sized hail stone.
Two years ago there were about a dozen people admitted to hospital with severe concussion inflicted by a surprise hail storm.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

David Jenkins

posted on 19/7/05 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
OK Rorty... you win!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.