Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Crazy World
Mike R-F

posted on 22/2/06 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Crazy World

Recieved from one of my suppliers:-

''One of the British national daily newspapers is asking readers "what it means to be British". Some of the emails are hilarious but this is one from a chap in Switzerland:

"Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign!"

Meanwhile, from the good ol' U. S. of A., Chris Rock's "Quote of the Year":

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U. S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon. Need I say more?"

it's a crazy World!''

How true!

flak monkey

posted on 22/2/06 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike R-F
Recieved from one of my suppliers:-

''One of the British national daily newspapers is asking readers "what it means to be British". Some of the emails are hilarious but this is one from a chap in Switzerland:

"Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign!"

How true!

Brilliant, and perfectly true. And we wonder why theres no British industry left, all we do is buy other peoples stuff!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Spyderman

posted on 23/2/06 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey

Brilliant, and perfectly true. And we wonder why theres no British industry left, all we do is buy other peoples stuff!

Erm, that is probably because consecutive governments have sold off all our industries abroad.
Those they couldn't sell they closed down!

Oh yes, as an aside, we are not allowed to be British any more, it isn't Politicaly correct. We have to be multi-cultural!

Terry

Spyderman

flak monkey

posted on 23/2/06 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spyderman

Erm, that is probably because consecutive governments have sold off all our industries abroad.
Those they couldn't sell they closed down!

I dont think thats neccessarily true, I stand to be corrected though. If you are refering to the givernment not helping rover out last year, in actuality it was fair enough. It would have been great to see them help, however its not going to happen or they will have loads of troubled companies after money.

IIRC Jaguar was once state owned though...

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Peteff

posted on 23/2/06 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Cars are the least of our worries

They've sold off steel, coal and power. If we ever get isolated again we're f*cked. We'll be at the mercy of the market, it's already happening with gas prices.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.