Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Booked
nludkin

posted on 23/1/07 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
SVA Booked

Well, I now have my SVA booked for the 5th Feb.. Apart from a few loose ends and being brown trousers time it's looking like the build is almost over. Then onto the tweaking stage :-)

Has anyone else got a W7DE through SVA yet? Any advice on what to look out for?

flak monkey

posted on 23/1/07 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Best of luck! Looks like a nice tidy build, sure you wont have any major problems!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

stevec

posted on 23/1/07 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with the test, As I have said before Pampers are better than Huggies for those SVA brown trouser moments.
Steve.

locoR1

posted on 23/1/07 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Looking good! I've just had a look through your Archive looks a nice build.

I noticed one thing though you might want to get other people using Dedion axles to look at you haven't got a flexi hose from brake caliper to axle i would of though with a sliding caliper you would need one?
I may be wrong but would hate for you to fail on it and have said nothing!

Dave................

Danozeman

posted on 24/1/07 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck mate. Thats anice looking build.

I agree with above though. U will need flexi's on the calipers. They will move about and could snap the pipe. Itl also save u having to undo the pipe every time u take the caliper off.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

nludkin

posted on 24/1/07 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
Ah... Cheers for the advice guys. You know, the brake pipe kit that GTS supplies only has 3 flexi pipes so I just assumed that the calipers on the rear didn't need it. Thinking about it though you are absolutely right! Better fix that pronto!

Looks like I now have another excuse to take a trip to Merlin Motorsports

I will try and get some more pictures of the car uploaded at the weekend after some more "tweaking" Thanks for all the positive comments / advice.

flak monkey

posted on 7/3/07 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
How did the test go then? Do tell!

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nludkin

posted on 7/3/07 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I am have been busy with a new job for a few weeks so haven't had much time to spend on the car :-(

The SVA test went well pretty well but it did fail on a few points. I don't have the list with me, but the main ones were.

1. Intake plenum protruding from the bonnet needs a slight cover (Mainly because of the edges on the sensor bolts) - I am working on the buck for a crude bonnet bulge.

2. Racetech internal mirror is a big no-no, failed on sharp edges and no e-marking.

3. Transmission tunnel near the feet needs covering (Sharp edges again)

4. Covering needed for side panels (Kick-plate, kinda things) as they needed cutting severely to fit the chassis

5. Speedo sensor seems to be dud :-(

6. Indicators are a little too fast, need an electronic flasher unit as I am using Motorbike indicators on the front. (And are also 5mm too far in either side, washers should sort that!)

7. Ford hazard light sprung up on the way to the SVA and therefore needs jamming down to allow the indicators to work (Very worn switch, going to replace with toggle switch and light on the dash)

I think that's the worst of it, so I am looking to get most of the fixes done this weekend and rebook for in a few weeks.
I will post pictures once it's passed and cleaned up (It's covered in a layer of body filler dust at the moment)

Once it is finished I can then finish off my lovely V8 ready to drop in :-)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.