Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Welder, arc, good one, cheap please.
Dazza

posted on 26/4/07 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Welder, arc, good one, cheap please.

hi guys, i am after a good welder, second hand etc, need sto handle 3.25 rods, about 190 amp plus i think. no smaller. needs to do thick chassis welding. i can collect if not to far, or postage possible, if you think you have what i might want, U2U me and let me know, also after a circular saw to, but thats not to important.
or can meet at a show as they are all coming along soon......

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

posted on 26/4/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Ferm Concept 310 if that's suitable?

Bought it from Screwfix (now called a Wolf 250)

Runs a 4mm rod on 170 amps if wired for single phase.
A 5mm rod on 250 amps if wired with a 3 phase plug.
Fan cooled.

Now I have my ac/dc Miller I don't use it anymore.

£65

Paul G

gazza285

posted on 26/4/07 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Be warned, if you want to use 3.2s you will need a good power supply that does not have any 13A fuses involved. Mine used to blow 20A trips at times on 3.2s, got it on a 40A supply now. If you look on eBay you'll can get a proper pot set for £40 on a trolley and with cables, I did.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dazza

posted on 27/4/07 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
cheers

been using a 185/190 amp with 3.25's, and works well on normal mains, but the welder is a mates and its old and starting to give up lol......
will let you know about the £65 one. cheers.

fuckit

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Peteff

posted on 27/4/07 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
I've got an oil cooled 140 I had given to me and it will weld with 3.2 rods but I had to solder a 30 amp wire across the fuse to replace the M8 bolt it had in it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

posted on 27/4/07 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Thought I'd post a pic of the welder.

My garage electrics run from the house consumer unit using a 32amp MCB,
(same size as a cooker or shower)
and the welder has a 15amp fuse in the plug. Will run a 3.2 all day.
I just make sure that I don't use the welder, the lathe, 4kw electric heater,
spot welder, 1" pillar drill, and the band saw, all at the same time.

Paul G Rescued attachment arc-welder-001-s.jpg
Rescued attachment arc-welder-001-s.jpg

gazza285

posted on 27/4/07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
You must be very lucky then, I couldn't get my cheap arc welder to do more than half a dozen 2.5s one after the other withough blowing the fuse. The pot set is better, but that still wouldn't burn more than two or three 3.2s before the fuse went. Perhaps that is why its recommended to use a proper 32A C-form on a proper supply eh?

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dazza

posted on 27/4/07 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
ok. i will have it

paul, 907, i will have it. just need to arrange some one to pick it up from you at stoneleigh if thats ok. as not sure if i will make it as on call. if i can get the sunday off, great, otherwise............

maybe Ned, James, etc, if they are going can get it, as think my bro inlaw Bob is in the locost and wont have the room.........

will let you know mate. cheers.

fuckit

Dazza

posted on 27/4/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
sorted.

cheers paul and ned and bob. deal done. paul/907, there will be dosh for you at stoneleigh, if i cant make it...... see Bob and/or ned.

cheers.

fuckit

posted on 27/4/07 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dazza
cheers paul and ned and bob. deal done. paul/907, there will be dosh for you at stoneleigh, if i cant make it...... see Bob and/or ned.

cheers.

U2U'd

Cheers

Paul G

bob

posted on 28/4/07 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
OK i'm up to speed now, look out for man with pipe and slippers carrying large red box

posted on 28/4/07 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
OK i'm up to speed now, look out for man with pipe and slippers carrying large red box

Hi Bob

You mean, "pipe and hernia carrying large red box"

Paul G

Dazza

posted on 2/5/07 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
lol

looks like, i might have wangled monday off. and possible sunday. so will be able to get there all being well. defo for minday.

cheers all.

fuckit

posted on 2/5/07 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Well done. Everyone needs a day off now and then.

I'm there both days, so ring my mobile. You've got my number.

See you there.

Paul G

Dazza

posted on 7/5/07 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
cheers

cheers paul. got the welder, got up there for a few hours, stinking cold, but made it there. welders looks ace mate, many thanks.

need to paractice big time now so i am ready for the main venture.......

fuckit

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.