Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Brake Hoses
mistergrumpy

posted on 11/5/07 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
GTS Brake Hoses

Got some of these of Jeebyman (cheers) and just wondered if anyone whos had SVA had anything mentioned about them as they're braided and compression type. Not had time to check the internal collar but will take photos before fitting them to cover my arse.

flak monkey

posted on 12/5/07 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
The hoses are made with euroquip bits that you can buy from rally design. They have internal support tubes and should meet the spec as required by SVA. I have the same hoses on my car, and am sure other GTS builders do too.

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

nludkin

posted on 12/5/07 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
As flak monkey said, they are euroquip parts with the internal support tubes and as such are SVA friendly (Or can be proved to be) if asked by the SVA guy. One thing to remember though is although you get 3 in the brake kit, chances are you will need 5 as the rear calipers will be floating.
mistergrumpy

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
I've ran the pipe rigid to the rear calipers for now. I can't see me replacing the rear pads very often and as long as it gets through an SVA it can always be changed afterwards eh.
Edit to say do we think its worth taking a picture of the internal tubes in case SVA man asks or do you think he still won't believe me?

[Edited on 12/5/07 by mistergrumpy]

mackei23b

posted on 12/5/07 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
I've ran the pipe rigid to the rear calipers for now. I can't see me replacing the rear pads very often and as long as it gets through an SVA it can always be changed afterwards eh.
Edit to say do we think its worth taking a picture of the internal tubes in case SVA man asks or do you think he still won't believe me?

[Edited on 12/5/07 by mistergrumpy]

If the calipers are a floating type, I would think that it would be an SVA fail if you are using any copper tube direct from the caliper. As over time I would suggest that the movement in the caliper would weaken the copper.

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Ah,yeah good point.Bugger, where can I get two very short pieces then?

nludkin

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
If you want to make them yourself you can get the bits from here..

Rally design euroquip brakes

I am not too sure where you get can 2 ready made ones from thought that will do the job?

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/5/07 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I'm just concerned that the do it myself ones won't pass SVA. Mind,if they've the internal collar then I suppose they should be fine.

nludkin

posted on 12/5/07 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
I had to make some up from euroquip parts the other week and I also had some concerns. However, the car passed it's SVA just over a week ago and no questions were asked about the brake lines.

I did a fair bit of trawling the web for information regarding the safety / legality of euroquip hoses and the concensus is that they are safe and legal. Even after making them up myself I feel safe using them as they are a good sturdy design.

Hellfire

posted on 12/5/07 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
FYI - if the braided hoses are metal braided and exposed they will not pass SVA. They must be covered in some way as they are potentially sharp (exposed weave). We initially used some plastic coil wrap but then we replaced them with clear shrink wrap, this keeps them clean, smooth and protected.

Just my 2p

Steve

nludkin

posted on 12/5/07 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
FYI - if the braided hoses are metal braided and exposed they will not pass SVA.

I guess I'm just lucky I have 2 exposed ones on the front and 3 hidden in the rear and like I said before, not an eyelid was batted by the SVA guy. Mind you, the examiner I got was a sound bloke, the other two working there did seem a little more picky.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.