Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Some video footage of mine under construction..
Alan B

posted on 21/5/07 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Some video footage of mine under construction..

We've been playing with my Dad's new digital camcorder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnrpNDSbyeg

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Keith Weiland

posted on 21/5/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Looks Very nice so far, Is it an Atom style car or will it have a body over it? I suspect the first by how nice it looks already.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 21/5/07 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Keith,

Yes it's Atomish style, but with 3 seats....and I must point out that I started this project BEFORE I heard about the V-Storm kit.....great minds thinking alike..or something like that...

Cheers,

Alan

suparuss

posted on 21/5/07 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
looking good. is there a hint of yorkshire in that accent?
Alan B

posted on 21/5/07 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely NONE whatsoever...

I'm originally from Preston...on the good side of the Pennines...

Cheers,

Alan

Spyderman

posted on 22/5/07 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Nice going Al.

I notice that you have used almost identical rear suspension setup as your Meerkat.
With using the Honda engine you look to have a lot more room to be able to narrow the chassis at the inner mounts a bit and make the wishbones more conventional.
Is it kept wide to allow more choice in engines?

Spyderman

Alan B

posted on 22/5/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers,

TBH there isn't much room to narrow it significantly and still have the engine fit comortably, and have comfortable seating for 3. The track at the rear is wider than the standard Honda, to fit the engine and reasonable length wishbones...being a little wider will also give it a mean kind of hot-rod stance.
Also, as you say, the wider engine bay help the fitting of different engines...Northstar even, perhaps..:-)

I am hoping when I have the wheels on the whole look will come together and turn out as I envisage...

Alan

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.