Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: UN1 -> Rover V8 Which clutch?
nludkin

posted on 25/7/07 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
UN1 -> Rover V8 Which clutch?

I have just bought a UN1 gearbox that has a UN5 10 spline output shaft on it. I was planning on using the rover V8 pressure plate, clutch and flywheel (As the bellhousing I have is massive). However, the rover uses a 23? spline clutch and therefore won't fit.
Does anyone out there either know of a clutch that will fit? or alternatively does anyone know of a renault clutch / pressure plate that would handle the V8's power?

mark chandler

posted on 25/7/07 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Check out this site:

GT_40's

All you need.

I had/have the same issues with a Rv8 engine and am now going the 240mm driven plate route as there is no room for anything else in these small bell housings.

Regards Mark

nludkin

posted on 25/7/07 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think the bellhousing I have is set up to bolt onto a ford V8, with a seperate adapter shim to allow it to bolt onto a Rover V8 (Bit of a frankenstein). I have put the rover 10.5" flywheel / cover plate inside it easily, so space isn't an issue for once.
Thanks for the link, I will check it out..

thomas4age

posted on 8/8/07 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
the R25 V6 turbo clutchpack would handle that power without to much fuss I think.
problem is the R25 clutch is only 223mm whereas the laro use 265/267mm

so You could dig up a used/cheap frictionplate of a R25 and try if that would fit the friction surface of the Laro flywheel if it does the only thing you need is to get a machine shop to transfer the bolt pattern of an R25 presureplate onto the laro flywheel. if not you could get it to a machine shop and ask them to make it fit

when that's done you probably need to space out the release bearing for the right amount of play and still being able to fully release the clutch but that's not to big a deal.

any machine shop can do that for you.
or if you have a good drillpress and a rotary table you could try it youself.

just make sure you get it balanced good whatever you do.

grtz Thomas

If Lucas made guns, Wars wouldn't start either.

AlphaX

posted on 9/8/07 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
we have all those odd clutch/spline combinations custom fit. We have the clutchplate made to suit the clutch cover so it is the perfect diameter, with the right spline in it. Plus we can have it made to almost any power you want. Its the easiest and cleanest solution really.

Alphax

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.