Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2005 R1 engine mounting
Paul TigerB6

posted on 16/8/07 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
2005 R1 engine mounting

Hi all,

Has anyone got any pics of their engine mounts for a 05 R1 in a se7en style car?? The recessed top engine mounts are not making it simple as they are at just the same height as a H-frame would be in my car.
Ideas please??

Cheers
Paul

swalf3

posted on 16/8/07 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
R1 engine mounting

Paul, I used a tube,3mm thick 50mm long ,thick washer closing off one end through which the mounting bolt will pass into engine mounting. To this tube you weld at right angles the two limbs that will go down to your bottom chassis tube.Same for both sides.At the rear use a similar tube but weld this to the upper cross wise bulkhead tube.The engine will end up right up against the bulkhead,best position dynamically,shorter prop and more height vertically under the bonnet.We have just completed an 05 R1 installaton in a Caterham with airbox all under the bonnet. Make sure the two limbs to the chassis tube go forward so that there is no forward movment possible of the engine on braking and in a front end shunt.I could post some pictures if it's not clear.swalf3
Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/8/07 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
I think i get the rough idea but some pics would be very usefull i think. I have now found some thickish walled 3/8" ID tubing (diameter of the engine bolts) that i can use towards making mounts.

Cheers
Paul (paulswarbrick17@hotmail.com to mail direct)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.