Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: quaife quick racks
buncefm

posted on 27/9/07 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quaife quick racks

can quaife quick racks be used in the locost chanpionship cars? if not whats the most popular steering rack used?
ernie

posted on 27/9/07 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
yes. Rallydesign 2.4 quick rack
procomp

posted on 27/9/07 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi you can use the quaife ones BUT ourselfs and others have had orders for 20+ each on order for well over a year and they still cant say when they will be done.

Also remember that the quaife kit will only fit the original ford housing NOT the after market ones.

Best bet is give rally desighn a call as theres are as good as they get these days. And you are guarentied that it is a genuine quick rack rather than one off the dubious ones with lockstops that gives 2.4 turns but the ratio is standard.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
buncefm

posted on 27/9/07 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
cheers pro comp, you dont know if adam white is a member on here, as he's the only guy (that ive noticed) that races that seems to be in the north west
D Beddows

posted on 28/9/07 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Locost racers in the North West have always been thin on the ground for some reason - I built and prepared cars for Brett Townsend (who retired earlier this season) for about 5 years and there was a guy called Dominic O'Donnel and his brother who lived/s in Liverpool raced for 2 or 3 but until Adam White came along that was about it.

If you ever want a bit of help or advice I'm only down the road from you

Cheers

Dave

buncefm

posted on 28/9/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
cheers dave thats good to know, i'm right at the beginning of building a racing locost, my old mans just recently finished a road going locost so i twisted his arm (not as if it needed it) to let me borrow his garage for a while so we could have a do a attempting to enter into the locost championship. im off to a cortina breakers in nelson tomorrow to pick up some uprights, they seem to be thin on the ground at the mo, hopefully have some there.
pumpers

posted on 8/10/07 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Bunce, I'm based in the north west, I live just outside Glossop. Been racing for two years now and am slowly moving up the grid. Also got a mate whose just finished building his to race next year. If you want to see my car/get tips/advice i'd be happy to help. ( Although i'm nowhere near as good as Mr Beddows was when he was racing!!) My car is completley home made, chassis,wishbones and everything else i could make to save me a few pennies!! Let me know if you want to meet up/speak and I'll u2u my number.

Craig
locost no63

[Edited on 8/10/07 by pumpers]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.