Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Racetech or CBR mirrors
flak monkey

posted on 3/10/07 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Racetech or CBR mirrors

I need a new set of mirrors which I can mount further down on my scuttle so I can fit my aero screen.

I know racetech ones would do the job, but any which fit on the sides of the scuttle would be good. (I think CBR ones will?)

If anyone has done a swap after SVA and has a spare pair of mirrors then let me know.

Cheers,
David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

BenB

posted on 3/10/07 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I quite like the ones I fitted post SVA

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/DSCF0013_2.jpg

Depends if you like chrome!!
They're Louis motorbike ones.
They're about 20 quid each if you buy them in the UK or if you buy them in Germany they're about that for two including postage!!! I only found that out after shelling out for UK ones though

Toady1

posted on 3/10/07 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got some racetec ones you can have it you want? I bought them from merlin motorsports, fit them for one trackday and then replaced them with a set of carbon ones! Actually they might be SPA ones, then i fitted racetech? not sure ill go have a look.
wilkingj

posted on 3/10/07 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
My Mirrors are not as good as I would like them to be. Have already managed to crack the plastic on the drivers one, and have managed to repair it. (it was like a limp dick) So dont get them if they are like mine. I'm not impressed with the quality for the money.

I fixed them with JB Weld (resin glue) and they are holding up OK.
The Half - Fords replacement plastic mirror / glass is OK as long as you have a dead flat surface. Mine is slightly convex, and it screws the optics up completely. So have cut another (was enough for 2 mirrors for £10). and glued it to a flat plate then hot melt glued the plate to the mirror body. Not as good as the original glass, but does work well enough to drive with.

Anyone know where I can get a glass from, or what my mirrors came off (Bike) I would be grateful for the info.

O/Side Mirror Mounting 1
O/Side Mirror Mounting 1

[Edited on 3/10/2007 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Toady1

posted on 3/10/07 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
here is a pic of them!

[Edited on 3/10/07 by Toady1]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.