Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What to do about not receiving feedback on ebay
TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 16/1/08 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
What to do about not receiving feedback on ebay

I bought "stuff" on Ebay in December and left possitive feedback when it arrived but haven't recieved any back so i looked to see if what he had left for others. He has a feedback of 40 and has only given feedback twice ,the last time being last July. Do you know if anything can be done about this?

zilspeed

posted on 16/1/08 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
I don't usually bother to be honest.

If they want to give me good feedback, I'm happy, if they don't I can live with it.

Sorry if that sounds negative, but I try to view it in the grand scheme of things. i.e. not really that important to me.

I can appreciate that others may view it differently though.

bonzoronnie

posted on 16/1/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay feed back

I am affraid that is the nature of some Ebay users

Ebay do nothing to enforce feedback participitation.

I have bought some expensive items on the Bay F all feedback left from the seller !!??

I now only leave feedback for my buyers once they have left feedback for me.

I allways leave feedback for sellers as soon as I recieve my item

Ronnie

Ps. You could politely message them, tell them how pleased you were with you item. Say you would appreciate thier feedback.

r1_pete

posted on 16/1/08 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I think feedback is more important to the seller, it gives others a good indication of the accuracy and efficiency of the seller. Its nice to get feedback either way, and I agree its bloody annoying when you do everything you can to make a successful deal only to be ignored, but unfortunately not much you can do, fbk is voluntary.
Rgds.
Pete.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jimmyjoebob

posted on 16/1/08 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Send him a message asking for feedback

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

UncleFista

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyjoebob
Send him a message asking for feedback

Might not be the best idea, the best feedback I've seen was a negative which said "Here's the feedback you've been bugging me for"

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

caber

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sell me something good really really cheap and I will leave you good feedback

Caber

nitram38

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
There is a standard email "feedback reminder" in the "email buyer" drop down, next to the item in your sold items list.
Worked for me without upsetting anyone.

thunderace

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
if you wee him off he will give you neg

i dont give feedback unless asked as i buy and sell a lot on ebay.

RazMan

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I always give feedback as I think it helps the next buyer judge whether he is a good trader or not.

Nitram's email tip is a good one - didn't realise they had a standard 'nag' email

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
onzarob

posted on 16/1/08 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I always expect feedback from a buyer first and give feed back first to a seller i have bought from.

I used to get annoyed at not people not leaving feedback, but just shrug it off now

Paradoxia0

posted on 16/1/08 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I always wait for the buyer to leave feedback first. I have seen it where the buyer leaves negative feedback because it was badly packaged (in his opinion) and there was in fact nothing wrong with it.. etc.

Also, if I am the buyer and I have left feedback but get none in return I used to send a mail saying I am trying to increase my feedback, would they mind leaving me positive feedback if they were happy with the sale. 9 times out of 10 I got good feedback.

These days I just don't bother chasing!

Mark

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 16/1/08 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everybody some good help there (nitram. i didn't know that was there). I am just getting a bit fed up with not getting feedback as its happened a few times recently. Another annoying thing with Ebay is people not answering questions you send them. My favourite is when you ask the question "can i come and see the car" and you leave them your number to call but they respond with "yeh no probs" I find the response "Well tell me where the f*** you live" doesn't go down well

Spyderman

posted on 17/1/08 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
I get wee'd off by sellers who nag you for feed back after you have made multiple purchases over a period of time yet won't leave you any. This is after you have left good feed back for the first few purchases.

As said above the feedback is more important to a seller, so I now don't bother until until they leave it first.
Fortunately not all sellers are like this!

Spyderman

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.