Board logo

Tyres
brynhamlet - 26/11/07 at 12:50 PM

I have a MK locost on Yoko A063 tyres which if anybody on here as read I found on wet, cold roads don't work very well

I have 13” wheels and am thinking about a set of winter tyres. I am currently running with I think 195’s

I intend driving the car all winter, with no windscreen, just a warm, windproof, coat, crash hat and gloves.

Can you lot make some good suggestions on what to buy.

Oh an the car is a torquie CEC not a revy BEC

Paul TigerB6 - 26/11/07 at 01:01 PM

How about Yoko A021R's or are you looking at something more durable??

Have a look here:- http://website.lineone.net/~dmch2/tyres.htm

http://www.linxdesign.co.uk/polley/catalogue_tyres_final.asp?id=35&manufacturer=Yokohama

How about a set of 185/70/13's?? Narrower width might be more preferable in the cold wet winter to your summer 195's (ie less likely to aquaplane, warm up slightly easier etc etc)

[Edited on 26/11/07 by Paul TigerB6]

[Edited on 26/11/07 by Paul TigerB6]

brynhamlet - 26/11/07 at 01:58 PM

I'm not looking for longevity, just stickiness. After visiting the bottom of one Linconshire dyke, I want something to stick in cold wet conditions

The car will probably do no more than 1000miles over the winter if that. But I want 1000miles on what is a brand new engine (and I've got 650 miles to go), so when the warm weather comes, I can play

Humbug - 26/11/07 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brynhamlet
I'm not looking for longevity, just stickiness. After visiting the bottom of one Linconshire dyke, I want something to stick in cold wet conditions

The car will probably do no more than 1000miles over the winter if that. But I want 1000miles on what is a brand new engine (and I've got 650 miles to go), so when the warm weather comes, I can play

I don't think we want to know that! Didn't she complain?

brynhamlet - 26/11/07 at 03:48 PM

Ha Ha

come to Lincolnshire, some of the best country driving roads about, but the dykes i.e. are bl**dy deep ditchs about the length of a Locust when you have a little upsey

brycheiniog - 31/12/07 at 05:16 PM

I run 185/70/R13 A021s on my Fury and they seem to work very well even at this time of year..

VGVFM to .

Jonathan