Board logo

GOME, good to see everyone
scutter - 17/5/08 at 08:14 AM

Great day if a little damp,

Good to see everyone and Robocog's legs after a marathon welding session in shorts Shame our teammate blew it's diff.

Mark, Hope the cars ok apart from the rack.

As for the rest of the team, great job from Bob for standing on the wall for thankless hours and Conrod for belting about the pits (never seen the old fella run before), Oh and the drivers weren't that bad either.

Bring on next year, you never know mine might be done

ATB Dan.

theconrodkid - 17/5/08 at 08:35 AM

not so much of the old
yup was a good day,cheers for the tea Dan and everyone else for the hours of entertainment

keith - 17/5/08 at 10:11 AM

hi james,thanks for your help getting us in at short notice,sorry about confusion from me as i thought you were in our team you know the 2 zx9rs that both finished with less than a minute on some laps,no gearbox problems no overheating,and after the race drove my car home good or what Rescued attachment Laz.jpg
Rescued attachment Laz.jpg

Jasper - 17/5/08 at 11:21 AM

Yes, thanks to everybody who helped out, really good day was had, if a little damp....

And here's what happens when you Mig in shorts..... Rescued attachment ABCD0003.JPG
Rescued attachment ABCD0003.JPG

Hellfire - 17/5/08 at 11:30 AM

I wondered who the 'other' strange () guy was in shorts! I thought only our old man wore then in any weather....

Thats alomst 2nd degree burns you twonk!!! Next time you'll cover up I bet!?!

Sorry we never got to meet James - the only downside was the secrecy with regard to the red flag and allowance laps situation. The awards; I thought, were a bit of a cop out. You cant really give an award without disclosing points... IMHO I thought this was a bit lame. I know we didn't do particularly well but other teams who thought they may have done well seemed a bit disillusioned.

But all in all it ws such a brilliant day - we got down to the high 50's in the end... not too bad on a damp track!

Steve

scutter - 17/5/08 at 11:30 AM

That still hurts just looking at it

James, i feel it'll take longer to edit all those tapes than record them.

ATB Dan.

mark chandler - 17/5/08 at 01:22 PM

Only two things bent, my wallet and the rack, although I am not sure why that bent and everything else stayed straight.

Still a good day out watching though.

Cheers Mark Rescued attachment bent_rack.JPG
Rescued attachment bent_rack.JPG

bob - 17/5/08 at 06:50 PM

I thought robocogs tan on his legs was impressive but marks rack has now taken the number 1 spot.

I was getting more into the whole endurance thing when the rain stopped after lunch then the strikers diff went tits up, i agree with steve (hellfire) the red flagged laps returned was a nightmare and hard to judge as people were back on track for a good 10 mins before the returned laps were marked on the board.

All in all it was a fantastic day/event and great to catch up with the usual suspects, as allways i look forward to seeing you all again at another meet/event.

bob - 17/5/08 at 08:10 PM

I did notice chris masons team made an effort with the printed shirts, i dont seem to remember anyone else wearing a hat like chris's though.

Maybe it was just for team managers Rescued attachment 100_0285.JPG
Rescued attachment 100_0285.JPG

Hellfire - 17/5/08 at 08:40 PM

Just compiling a Mallory Webpage... should see it onsite within a few days... sorry, we have no video whatsoever. There was simply too much to do on the day...

Steve

keith - 17/5/08 at 08:53 PM

hi steve any idea how we did or where to find results,must say again one of the best days of my life,(i am still knackered)

bob - 17/5/08 at 08:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris mason

as they say Bob, grass doesn't grow on a busy street

wondered when that pic was gonna show up, i was warned by Conrod that it would be in the public domain before long

and to think i started the day with shoulder length hair, i now know why ron dennis looks like he does

Chris

I think ron dennis look 10 years older than he really is because the McLaren wage bill is 10 Million a month ....Ouch

Nice problem if you can afford it, i wouldnt want his tax reminder though.

bob - 17/5/08 at 08:59 PM

Helo Keith

The result should eventually end up on this site.

http://www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk/

Jon Ison - 17/5/08 at 09:06 PM

Chris, whats that hat you have on ?

Carver ? If the vid was running for the last session then you should catch us going under the leaning carver in the last session. We did have a camera on board but the on off was out of our control.

Results ? They will probably appear on the GOME web site but not on there as yet, I'm pretty sure Tim's "damp" time sheet episode put us well out the running, by the time it got handed to us it resembled something you would find causing a blockage in a U bend.......
The Red flag "additions" put us laps over in several sessions but the whole event was a great adventure and highly recommended.

keith - 17/5/08 at 09:14 PM

i know what you mean about the sheet i held it out for steve to take and dropped it on the floor then we ran over it with back wheel heres a quote from wadders "i didnt realise i was that wet till i felt the cold water on my balls"

bob - 17/5/08 at 09:16 PM

I deffinatly enjoyed the day but i dint know if my brain would cope with another 4/5 hrs of pit control red flags laps returned and wet n dry.

i think i'll get carol vorderman to help next time

keith - 17/5/08 at 09:42 PM

hi bob my bro-in-law came down and he was impressed with the build quality of the cars and couldnt believe the pace they were going , and he is a proffesional driver having been a member of the austin healy club and now driving a formula sport 2000,and historic sport 2000 ,his track day car is a bmw z4mtec and he saw me spin off at the esses !!!doh!!!

keith - 17/5/08 at 09:49 PM

wow that is fast what engine is that james ?

bob - 17/5/08 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hicost
Just a very quick clip of Jon on a warm up lap....

This is all for the moment.

http://www.guildofmotorendurance.co.uk/video/jon.wmv

Nice quality film james, cant wait to see the other stuff.

bob - 17/5/08 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by keith
wow that is fast what engine is that james ?

Hi keith

Jons car is called the isonblade... does that give you a clue

keith - 17/5/08 at 10:02 PM

does that mean its a bit more than a fireblade ie is it turbo or nitro i couldnt take those lines at that speed he must be a pro driver that was my first time on a track i was a bit nervous

bob - 17/5/08 at 10:09 PM

I would say that jon and son are experianced lets just say they are proper drivers

worX - 17/5/08 at 10:11 PM

It's a Fireblade engine and no it's not nitrous or turbo etc...

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by keith
does that mean its a bit more than a fireblade ie is it turbo or nitro i couldnt take those lines at that speed he must be a pro driver that was my first time on a track i was a bit nervous

Fozzie - 17/5/08 at 10:16 PM

Sounds like you all had brilliant fun....

Praps next year.......if it's not on a workday

Fozzie

bob - 17/5/08 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Sounds like you all had brilliant fun....

Praps next year.......if it's not on a workday

Fozzie

Be brave and have a day off, you both would have enjoyed it it was a brilliant day apart from the weather and broken diff on the stiker.

TimC - 17/5/08 at 10:44 PM

Nice Vid James.

Very smooth Mr I - effortless even. Just the way we like it.

keith - 17/5/08 at 10:47 PM

i must say the best thing about the day apart from great people great cars and good team managment was everyone saying its not a race not a race you must be joking you just couldnt help it i was racing was you yes you was and you know it felt good

TimC - 17/5/08 at 11:25 PM

This is posted elsewhere but I'm conscious that it might get missed, so I have to say thank you to some people:

Fozzie - 17/5/08 at 11:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bob...........
Be brave and have a day off, you both would have enjoyed it it was a brilliant day apart from the weather and broken diff on the stiker.

Awww that's bad news for the striker.......

Work is stupidly manic at the mo though...must be sommat to do with being part way through the race season.......

Even had to bring work home this weekend.... triple webers to set up on new manifold........

Mallory is my Fav. track.......did my ARDS there......and flung a Lister Jag (XJ6) round there on a JEC pre-race season shakedown.........in wet and ice, just landed the day before from Oz...ramble mutter, ramble mutter...those were the days....mumble ramble......

Fozzie

PAUL FISHER - 22/5/08 at 12:24 PM

Just looked on the Carver webb site they are only £32000 or £44000 if you want the full options list,getting smoked by Jon's locost blade,and I bet Jon was having a lot more fun by the looks of it