Board logo

Which pinto clutch cable ?
ayoungman - 5/6/07 at 07:51 AM

What clutch cable have people used for a pinto in their avons? Plus, how have you run the cable to avoid the exhaust primarys.? Thanks fellas, now on the big push to get the thing running you see !

gregs - 5/6/07 at 08:12 AM

Not sure about the Avon - if it uses a Ford type clutch cable then following might be useful: on RH 2B's the recommended is a Cosworth cable, is long enough that it reaches around the front of the headers before going down, under and back to the clutch - cable is the best part of 5ft long!

Avoneer - 5/6/07 at 11:06 AM

Standard Sierra Pinto one.

Mine went under the headers and was held down by a small bracket from one of the bolts from the bell housing.

www.mytigeravon.co.uk

Pat...

peterparsons - 5/6/07 at 01:12 PM

I used a 2ltr Capri Cluch Cable

andrew.carwithen - 5/6/07 at 01:34 PM

Loking at your photo archive. it looks like you have fitted the Sierra pedal box, so therefore, as Pat says, you would need a Sierra clutch cable.
However, if you ditched it and fitted floor mounted pedals, then you would need a clutch cable from say a Capri or Cortina as they had a nipple for the bellhousing end and an eye to attach to your clutch pedal.

Andy.

ayoungman - 5/6/07 at 10:09 PM

ok, thanks fellas. Looks like I go for a standard sierra jobbie. One step closer to the big day then