Board logo

Eclipse Pics
Hector.Brocklebank - 25/5/11 at 11:37 AM

What do you all think of some slightly better pics than the Eclipse website shows ?

Eclipse Sportscars

Me likee very mucho.

I'm trying to get some naked shots, but she is being like a shy virgin and dont want to take her clothes off ... Yet !!

Blue Eclipse Side
Blue Eclipse Side

Red Eclipse Snetterton
Red Eclipse Snetterton

Red Eclipse Frontal
Red Eclipse Frontal

Blue Eclipse Race win
Blue Eclipse Race win

Red Eclipse Arty Shot
Red Eclipse Arty Shot

[Edited on 25/5/11 by Hector.Brocklebank]

cadebytiger - 25/5/11 at 11:53 AM

I think that looks awesome!

Daddylonglegs - 25/5/11 at 02:11 PM

Sweet looking motor

matt_gsxr - 25/5/11 at 10:06 PM

Really nice car, even nicer in real life IMO. Lotus 23 is my other favourite. Does it look so low because it is longer than typical 7 style? I thought they had a mid mounted Duratec and from what I have read this is a fairly tall engine.

There doesn't look space for one.

Matt

RazMan - 26/5/11 at 12:47 PM

It does indeed use a Duratec complete with MTX75 transverse box .... and twin chain drive too

matt_gsxr - 26/5/11 at 12:54 PM

yeah I've seen the drive mechanism, as the pale blue one crashed a the Birkett and I got to see her naked (unlike sad old Hector who only dreams of it).

Hector.Brocklebank - 26/5/11 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
yeah I've seen the drive mechanism, as the pale blue one crashed a the Birkett and I got to see her naked (unlike sad old Hector who only dreams of it).

At my age im easy pleased

Ellbird - 27/5/11 at 06:48 AM

Now then, for the record, the "crash" as Silverstone during the Birkett wasn't actually a crash! It was an excursion into a gravel trap after an enthusiastic moment didn't quite go as planned! Got stuck in and filled with gravel, which required partial removal of bodywork to dig it out.... It has been suggested the driver that enthusiastic moves are attempted further away from gravel traps in future

Out of interest, where did you source those photos Hector? Oh, and the first one of the 'red' car isn't at Snetterton...

matt_gsxr - 27/5/11 at 07:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ellbird
Now then, for the record, the "crash" as Silverstone during the Birkett wasn't actually a crash!

Sorry I was talking "English" and not "Racing Driver".
When I leave the road, overlap with the scenery and have to remove bodywork to sort it then my wife would call that a crash.

Lovely car. Well done.

Hector.Brocklebank - 27/5/11 at 04:12 PM

quote:

Out of interest, where did you source those photos Hector?

A mate of mine sent them to me as he seems pretty stoked about the car, dunno where he got them though sorry.

Ellbird - 27/5/11 at 08:54 PM

Ah. I see. Not that they're classified or anything but as far as I was aware, they weren't in the public domain!

Hector.Brocklebank - 28/5/11 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Ah. I see. Not that they're classified or anything but as far as I was aware, they weren't in the public domain!

Well they are now...

sorry couldnt resist

Ellbird - 16/6/11 at 05:45 PM

In case anyone is interested, two Eclipse SM1s will be racing at Donnington on 2nd July.

We were hoping to have a 3rd car out by then but it's not looking likely at the moment - too much to do and too little time! Much disappointment - it's mine and I'm getting impatient!

[Edited on 16/6/11 by Ellbird]