Board logo

Stoneliegh show 1st & 2nd May 2011
jollygreengiant - 18/1/11 at 10:52 PM

As per title, Stoneliegh show 1st & 2nd May 2011, just a quick heads up to let you all know I have sent off the booking paperwork today, usual stand number (27B) should be ok and booked it for 20 cars. So please don't disapoint me this year everyone, attendance is almost mandatory, if only for the barbeque and beer sesion(s) at night on the normal camp site area.

Thank you ALL for your previous efforts, lets have another good one.

JGG

tomgregory2000 - 18/1/11 at 11:08 PM

I hope to make it in the kit and my mate in ford capri support car with the camping gear (all being well)

Steve Lovelock - 18/1/11 at 11:13 PM

I plan to be there, be nice if we had some good weather this year.

MakeEverything - 18/1/11 at 11:35 PM

Im really hoping to be there in the kit car this year. I want to get in for free, and show off the car a bit. Not sure itll be painted by then though......

DRC INDY 7 - 19/1/11 at 08:31 AM

I should be there with the dudes in my fire breathing dragon lol

rusty nuts - 19/1/11 at 08:03 PM

Should be there if I can find my wellies

Paul (Notts) - 19/1/11 at 08:09 PM

I'll be there, not sure about the Viento but I,ll try to get it back on the road by the.

NeilP - 19/1/11 at 11:00 PM

Should be there (especially as I think I'm the nearest!) - Been a very busy few months with no sign of a let up...

theduck - 20/1/11 at 07:57 PM

I'll be there along with MrsDuck, though we'll be in a tintop

coozer - 20/1/11 at 08:04 PM

I'll be there as long as the weather is better than the last 2 years

RichardK - 20/1/11 at 08:12 PM

Count me in, need a larger beer blanket steve!

See Ya fellas

R

stevegough - 28/1/11 at 09:13 PM

IVA passed today - all being well I'll be there on the sunday.

Steve Lovelock - 28/1/11 at 10:31 PM

Well done Steve, look forward to seeing the new car

wilkingj - 30/1/11 at 11:20 PM

Hope to make it to Stoneleigh and Newark.

Just depends if I sell the Viento or not.
I have been unemployed since March last year, and have taken early (albeit reduced) pension.
The Viento is a luxury that costs a lot for little (but hugely enjoyable) use.
Still not sure what to do for the best, as I dont really want to sell the Viento. It brings a wide grin to my face even just looking at it, let alone driving it.

Steve Lovelock - 13/4/11 at 04:11 PM

Now I am getting excited, only a few weeks to go. My list of things to do includes:

Put newly reconditioned gearbox in.
Put engine in.
Fix the brakes.
Replace all the rear bushes with the new Superflex jobbies.
Get the car running again
Buy two R888's for the rear wheels.
Fit 4 R888 tyres.
Get and MOT
Get some insurance.

Oh, buy some beer, wine and pack.

Can't wait.

No excuses allowed Luego drivers, see you there

Steve

Irony - 15/4/11 at 08:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
Hope to make it to Stoneleigh and Newark.

Just depends if I sell the Viento or not.
I have been unemployed since March last year, and have taken early (albeit reduced) pension.
The Viento is a luxury that costs a lot for little (but hugely enjoyable) use.
Still not sure what to do for the best, as I dont really want to sell the Viento. It brings a wide grin to my face even just looking at it, let alone driving it.

Geoff, you just can't sell the Viento. You get so excited even when discussing it. I reckon if you went on a ebay mission through your garage you'd make more money than you'd get for the Viento anyway!

johny p - 15/4/11 at 08:57 PM

hi yes im going in the locost.. this will be my first stoneleigh event so hope to meet you all to say hi...

just wondering this might sound daft but were do you park up if your in a kit?

carpmart - 15/4/11 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny p
hi yes im going in the locost.. this will be my first stoneleigh event so hope to meet you all to say hi...

just wondering this might sound daft but were do you park up if your in a kit?

Through the main entrance and into one of the club areas, all well signed, except which club parking spot!

Steve Lovelock - 18/4/11 at 05:24 PM

Because I know you're interested I'll update you:

Gearbox and engine in and running. Just need to fit the rad, fill with water and then fix the nose cone so that I can move to the back and start on the bushes.

Steve

stevegough - 18/4/11 at 06:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock

Gearbox and engine in and running. Just need to fit the rad, fill with water and then fix the nose cone so that I can move to the back and start on the bushes.

Steve

Sounding like you're getting there, Steve - hope you're going to make Stoneleigh - need my 'mentor' there for my first Stoneleigh in the kit !!!

rusty nuts - 18/4/11 at 06:54 PM

quote:

Steve

Good thing school teachers get a few weeks off for Easter

Steve Lovelock - 20/4/11 at 09:59 PM

Well the busehes are done, engine is sorted and runs well so I just need to get the MOT tomorrow.

I also bought some beer, just in case you're interested?

Steve

stevegough - 20/4/11 at 10:04 PM

quote:
Well the busehes are done, engine is sorted and runs well so I just need to get the MOT tomorrow.

Steve

Sounds good, Steve
- you never told me about 'beer' - where does it fit, and do you need it for the IVA (inebriated vauxhall autobuilders)

jollygreengiant - 20/4/11 at 10:04 PM

quote:

Steve

Hmmmmm sounds good. Should have ticket and pitch details tommorrow or Friday. More details to follow as they arrive. Just got to get road fund for mine.

Steve Lovelock - 21/4/11 at 05:15 PM

Well, that's it, definitely sorted for Stoneliegh, the Velocity sailed through its MOT test today. Haven't done the tyres but that can wait until I enter my first sprint event of the season.

Have we got any idea of the number of Luego cars going?

chrisbeale - 21/4/11 at 06:15 PM

can i join you please?
maybe get some good advice and help if i get the kit there?
cheers
chris

jollygreengiant - 21/4/11 at 09:05 PM

quote:
Well, that's it, definitely sorted for Stoneliegh, the Velocity sailed through its MOT test today. Haven't done the tyres but that can wait until I enter my first sprint event of the season.

Have we got any idea of the number of Luego cars going?

At this stage, more than 3 but less than a hundred.

I was/am intending to do a quick straw poll just as soon as I have confirmation of the booking and reciept back of the entry tickets, which, at the begining of the week, I was told that I should be expecting them either today (Thursday) or tomorrow. At this stage I am expecting at least half a dozen, but I would like to see at least twenty this year as the weather should be good.

and

quote:
Originally posted by chrisbeale
can i join you please?
maybe get some good advice and help if i get the kit there?
cheers
chris

Yes not a problem Chris.