Board logo

It's IVA time.
40inches - 19/3/13 at 10:37 AM

Well it had to happen I suppose I'm getting everything together so that I can send off the application tomorrow.
I have downloaded the latest app. form and declaration of self build.
I bought the MK as a part build nearly 12 years ago, way before the requirement to supply receipts However I have
"found" the original receipt, didn't realise how many parts I got
I have put several hundred photos in a folder on the PC, ready to burn to a CD, is a CD acceptable to VOSA?
So, send it off, wait for phone call to pay, wait for phone call to make an appointment, and then organize a trailer.
Any thing I have missed?

nearly done - 19/3/13 at 12:14 PM

When I did the Westy I sent a CD with loads of Photos on but I doubt very much that they even bothered to look at it. Dont you fancy driving to Notts (presumably where you will be heading) I did and it gave me chance to fix a few bits and pieces before the test (still failed though).
Where abouts in Chesterfield are you? I am in Woodthorpe just through Stavely.

Cheers, Sean.

40inches - 19/3/13 at 01:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nearly done
When I did the Westy I sent a CD with loads of Photos on but I doubt very much that they even bothered to look at it. Dont you fancy driving to Notts (presumably where you will be heading) I did and it gave me chance to fix a few bits and pieces before the test (still failed though).
Where abouts in Chesterfield are you? I am in Woodthorpe just through Stavely.

Cheers, Sean.

Hi Sean,
Thanks for that. I did drive the 2B to Notts for the SVA, but you could take the car to a MOT station in those days, took four
attempts to get it through an MOT and gave the car a good work out.
Don't fancy the run down in the MK, giving that it's untested, and the penalty payments if you don't make it
So trailer it is, I'm afraid.
I live in New Whittington, on Handley Road, I know Woodthorpe well, was working on Tollbridge Road last week.
You can pop over for a coffee and a chat sometime?

Dave

nearly done - 19/3/13 at 05:58 PM

Glad to see you live in one of the better bits of Whit, we had 9 years there on Garden Close. I will certainly take you up on the offer of a Cuppa once I get the Westy out of hibernation. Good luck with the IVA.

Sean.