Board logo

sva advice
COREdevelopments - 3/7/08 at 10:51 PM

hey guys not posted on here for a while as i have been on holiday in crete and am now panicing because i got my sva on tuesday, the car is nearly finished!! can anyone give me bit of help as to what to set the toe in and camber at? read in this months kitcar mag about sva on a striker and he said he pumped his tyres up to 40psi to help with selfcentering?
any help is greatly appreciated
thanks
rob

richardh - 4/7/08 at 07:22 AM

from what i can tell all makes have different setups as they designed them.

My mnr will be different from a luego etc

In fact i guess even within the same models there are differences.

i set mine to toe out at front by 1.5 degrees and toe in at rear by 1 to 2 degrees.

i need to re-check these as ben running the car for a bit now so will have settled

mackei23b - 4/7/08 at 07:39 AM

For my Indy I had 1.5 degree -ve camber front and rear wheels, 1degree tow out on the front wheels and 18PSI in the tyres

wilkingj - 4/7/08 at 08:35 AM

My Viento,
Toe in ... Well I put mine straight. but I would have said, something like one degree toe IN, as the wheels have a tendency to pull outwards when driving forwards.
Camber, about 1-2 Degree max (top of the wheel leaning into the car)

I use 20psi, but the Viento is a lot heavier than a MK. 18psi should be OK, but not less (IMHO)

You should really consult the manufacturer for ALL of this info, as this is safety related, and should be right.

In the event of you not getting the info from the manufacturer in time.
You wont come to much harm with 1.5 degree camber, straight toe in, and just drive sensibly.

Learn how your car drives / reacts before having a real thrash. Too many people have wrecked their cars as they didnt understand how they drove / handled.

That will get you going, and then you can set it up more accurately afterwards.

Best thing is to get it all setup on a proper system, but that costs money

The above will get you to the SVA centre, but best get it sorted correctly, as it affect steering and braking etc. Oh... and tyre wear!

Good luck with the SVA

alant - 4/7/08 at 10:54 AM

Mines a buggy not a seven type but I tried everything, pressures right up camber, toe out etc.

Then read that self centering needed positive castor.

Adjusted mine and it worked great

COREdevelopments - 5/7/08 at 11:18 AM

thanks for the advice guys, will use those settings just for sva then get it all set up properly when in full use.

thanks
rob