Board logo

FS: Trailer
coozer - 2/12/08 at 12:30 PM

I'm flogging the trailer I made to get my MNR to SVA and its first track day. Also came in handy when I crashed it but now it really is a burdon and I would like to see it go to a good home

The deck is made of tongue and groove that i was going to replace with bits of radiators. Metal ramps, new jockey wheel, lights, brakes etc. drives really well and brakes good due the hitch push in thingy...

£220, car not included!

[Edited on 2/12/08 by coozer] Rescued attachment P7150001.JPG
Rescued attachment P7150001.JPG

orbital - 2/12/08 at 01:40 PM

quote:
new kockey wheel

Thankyou for making me smile on what has been so far a totally crap day!

Cheers

Dave

Davey D - 2/12/08 at 02:07 PM

Do you have any more pics, and the dimensions of the bed, and overall length

mcerd1 - 2/12/08 at 02:22 PM

any idea on the unladen / gross weights ?

did that start life as a caravan ? (if it is I've had a similar plan for a while)

Daddylonglegs - 2/12/08 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
any idea on the unladen / gross weights ?

did that start life as a caravan ? (if it is I've had a similar plan for a while)

Me too! Just spent all of Sunday demolishing one to rape the ally off it (save me a few quid on skinning the car) and use the chassis for a trailer

Ben_Copeland - 2/12/08 at 03:41 PM

Bugger your too far away

Be interested to know how u made it tho!

coozer - 2/12/08 at 08:12 PM

OK guys she used to be a caravan, have a look in my blog there's some pictures there.

The bed is about 1750mm wide and 3.5M long. Not sure exactly cause I've lent it out atm.
As you can see from the picture my car is a long way from the edges. Only problem is the wheels are a bit to close together and atm I remove the mudguards (or leave them off) and drive the car over the tyres.

Weighs about 200kg I reckon, dead easy to push around and up my steep drive.

Tows very nice and all the lights (new) work OK. No fog light but the wiring is there.

Cost me £250 to build but was cheaper than hiring one for SVA then DVLA. Also very handy for track days and when I crashed it

Here's a picture of the original ali caravan chassis and axle with my trailer bed during construction, which is detachable. Rescued attachment Chassis.jpg
Rescued attachment Chassis.jpg