Board logo

RoadRunner Racing SR-1 Singleseater BEC
WoKe - 31/12/12 at 12:13 PM

Selling my crazy toy
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/motorsport/track-day-cars/track-only/roadrunner-racing-sr-1/984369

Call or U2U me for more information.

Rgds,
Wouter

motorcycle_mayhem - 31/12/12 at 01:15 PM

I sadly parted with my road-going SR1 a few months ago, via Ebay, quite a financially shocking experience but there you go.

Anyway - Importantly, the original SR1 does/did have/had full inboard suspension as per the car you have (to disagree with your description), there is little difference. The wing stay at the back of yours was (thankfully) a good development, the SR1's was very frail.

WoKe - 1/1/13 at 09:08 PM

Lowered the price with 2000£, priced to sell
At 5750£ it really is a bargain I guess, but also no use to keep it as a garagequeen

chris mason - 1/1/13 at 09:24 PM

Rear wing stays were different on most of the cars, some where welded some bolted but mostly different designs.

The SR1 Woke is selling is 1 of 1
The bodywork is exactly the same as the later Sprint R, but the chassis, wishbones and engine cradle are all different.
Also the dampers and there mounting and placement is completely different to the Sprint R
The R1 engine retaines the stock titanium R1 exhaust manifold, with a custom silencer mounted within the engine bay.

At under 6k with a trailer it seems a good buy for someone.

[Edited on 1/1/13 by chris mason]

coozer - 1/1/13 at 10:16 PM

£50 and a toffee apple??