Board logo

Whats going on here then?
sprouts-car - 1/8/11 at 05:55 PM

Evening all,

I was looking at insurance quote for the kit car today. I know its a little early but wanted to get some idea of the cost. So I got a few only quotes, all fine (better than I expected actually). But a little later I got this email. I've never heard of frank pickles insurance and it wasn't one I looked at earlier (maybe they are the broker?).

But the real problem is that is reads like I've bought insurance. Which I definitely haven't / didn't mean to.
Or is it a scam somehow?

What do you think?

quote:

Your Insurance Quotation

Dear Mr Blank Blank,
Thank you for choosing Frank Pickles for your insurance. We all hope that we do not need to make a claim but in the unfortunate event that you do, you are safe in the knowledge that we have our own 24 hours, 7 days a week Motor Claims Notification Line. To notify a claim any time just call 0844 848 1200 and help is at hand.
For Windscreen/Glass claims please call 0800 716333.

Kind regards Frank Pickles
Insurance Brokers
33/35 Cross Green,
Otley,
West Yorkshire
LS21 1HD
Tel: 01943 850999
Fax: 01943 850388
Email: sales@frankpickles.co.uk
Web: www.frankpickles.co.uk

pewe - 1/8/11 at 06:07 PM

Quite a few on here (self included) insure with FP and their service has seemed OK to me - haven't heard any bad reports.
Probably they've just sent out the wrong letter.
HTH. Cheers, Pewe

Killer - 1/8/11 at 06:11 PM

FP have been around for years, in fact about 20 years ago I used to mend there copier! Decent outfit would think its a simple mistake, wouldnt worry, just bell them in the morning.

Cheers

Rich

[Edited on 1/8/11 by Killer]

PeterV - 1/8/11 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sprouts-car
Your Insurance Quotation

Dear Mr Blank Blank,
Thank you for choosing Frank Pickles for your insurance. We all hope that we do not need to make a claim but in the unfortunate event that you do, you are safe in the knowledge that we have our own 24 hours, 7 days a week Motor Claims Notification Line. To notify a claim any time just call 0844 848 1200 and help is at hand.
For Windscreen/Glass claims please call 0800 716333.

Kind regards Frank Pickles
Insurance Brokers
33/35 Cross Green,
Otley,
West Yorkshire
LS21 1HD
Tel: 01943 850999
Fax: 01943 850388
Email: sales@frankpickles.co.uk
Web: www.frankpickles.co.uk

They are going slightly mad coz I got the same speal after requesting a quote from them

steve m - 1/8/11 at 09:04 PM

Im with them. very reasonable, and you get to talk with a REAL PERSON who actually seems to know what your after

I will use them again

steve

bi22le - 1/8/11 at 10:04 PM

Another vote for fp.

im going to new my insurance with them this month because their renewal lerrer cut last years premium by 30%!!

Macbeast - 2/8/11 at 01:03 AM

Frank Pickles are brilliant. I insured the kit with them on a chassis number in November at a very reasonable premium. It passed IVA in May So no time limit on chassis number policy.

When I had registered the kit I just rang them up and asked them to alter schedule to the new registration. No problem, no charge, new covernote arrived next day.

sprouts-car - 2/8/11 at 07:36 AM

Thank for all the replies. Sounds like a genuine mistake or I've got the wrong end of the stick. I'll just pop them a call later to make sure we're all singing of the same hymn sheet.

I'll also keep them in mind for when i actually need insurance

ps. I wasn't trying to see how many idioms i could use.