Board logo

wide band sensor
oadamo - 24/6/07 at 07:59 AM

can you get these off a normal car do you no what cars have these. or is it an after market only thing thats gonna cost £200
adam

brycheiniog - 24/6/07 at 08:01 AM

Its not the sensor that is the issue, it is the controller that you need to drive it. You can get an LC-1 for a lot less than £200 which I think is the easiest solution..

Jonathan

turbodisplay - 24/6/07 at 09:19 AM

Its possible to use a normal narrow band as a reasonable quality wideband sensor if you could keep the sensor (heater) temp constant (hard).

The wideband controller controls an oxygen pump to keep the sensor cell a stoich. The more air pumped the richer the exhaust gasses are.

Darren

paulf - 24/6/07 at 01:01 PM

A narrow band will not replace a wideband as it operates differently , but will do to get the engine running and roughly mapped with some care.It cannot indicate anything other then a weak , correct or rich mixture I have set my zetec up and are runing with a narrow band at present but it is essential to make sure the mixture is set rich at all times when under load.
I intend to get a wideband set up to finish the mapping and then switch the sensor to a arrowband one for daly use to allow me to keep the wideband in good condition for tuning purposes.,

quote:
Originally posted by turbodisplay
Its possible to use a normal narrow band as a reasonable quality wideband sensor if you could keep the sensor (heater) temp constant (hard).

The wideband controller controls an oxygen pump to keep the sensor cell a stoich. The more air pumped the richer the exhaust gasses are.

Darren

oadamo - 24/6/07 at 03:36 PM

ive just found this site with a small list at the bottom of the page.
http://www.airfuelmeter.com/english/lsu4_en_sensor.htm

turbodisplay - 24/6/07 at 04:49 PM

Sorry, i mean a narrowband sensor system that has a constant temp (heater control) will give repeatable results, it wont replace a wideband sensor.

Darren

Krismc - 24/6/07 at 05:34 PM

yea i need a new wideband one, as my brand new one went walkies while getting work done!!

where can i get one from??