Board logo

Sierra Column Connections
orbital - 5/10/08 at 04:31 PM

Hi All,

Right I can't put this off any longer, I need to move my Sierra column switches to the dash. I've got all my switches ready (well nearly). I've got an on/off/on toggle switch for my indicators, Off/on/on for my side/dipped lights and then four Savage switches for my full beam, fog, horn and hazard. I've done my ignition already (with the help of you lot on here).

The reason I've been putting it off is that me and car electrics aren't the best of friends and I've been trying to figure out what pin does what on the Sierra column connectors and to be honest I'm well confused! The column is off an "f" reg Sierra so I've tried to unravel the connectors using my Haynes manual but it likes trying to decipher hieroglyphics (well it is for me) and I've got nowhere. So this post basically boils down to this. Has anyone got a drawing, diagram anything that's in some kind of "car eclectics for dummies" format that I might be able to follow? As I think that's what I need

Waiting with baited breath

Dave

rusty nuts - 5/10/08 at 04:59 PM

Been covered loads of times . Sure you will find it if you do a search

orbital - 5/10/08 at 06:05 PM

I had done a search before posting. I just found lots of "your Haynes manual will tell you" posts, which I've looked at and I'm still stuck, hence the post

Cheers

Dave

l0c0st - 5/10/08 at 06:14 PM

Hopefully this will help.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=81738

Dom

rusty nuts - 5/10/08 at 06:30 PM

Have a look for sierra switches posted by razman IIRC

orbital - 5/10/08 at 06:53 PM

Will do.

Ta

Dave