Board logo

Scrappers in York who'll take the shell away for free?
paul the 6th - 16/6/09 at 09:03 PM

Can anyone recommend a scrappers who'll take the sierra shell away with the actual shell itself as payment? Ta!

fov - 16/6/09 at 09:18 PM

I know farrows gave money for cars delivered very recently.
Not far from York so maybe worth a try.

pfarrowandsons.co.uk

RichardK - 16/6/09 at 09:21 PM

You got everything off, fuel sender off the tank, petrol 1 way valve again off the tank, horn from from behind lower front grill, fuse box with all the relays just a couple of things often overlooked.

R

paul the 6th - 16/6/09 at 09:46 PM

Cheers fov, will give them a try

And no rich, not got everything off yet :p just thought I'd better play it safe & find out a rough turn around time from calling a scrapper to them taking it away, to avoid having an unsightly shell sat on it's arse on the drive for days

Missed the post yesterday & today btw matey, yellow vinyl will be in post tomorra and with you on Thursday

RichardK - 16/6/09 at 10:07 PM

Put a bin bag round it and ring the council

Ta for the vinyl

Rich

wrigglypig - 16/6/09 at 10:23 PM

Try these Paul, they mightdo a good line in bike tyres while you are there

http://www.clanceysofyork.com/

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.owers1/pigotts/INDEX.htm

Kev

iscmatt - 16/6/09 at 10:24 PM

another one for Farrows, great guys, very quck and took away shell, an old engine and gearbox plus i had filled the shell bits of scrap metal like old radiators, old worn disc breaks a worn camshaft etc etc

speedyxjs - 17/6/09 at 07:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
You got everything off, fuel sender off the tank, petrol 1 way valve again off the tank, horn from from behind lower front grill, fuse box with all the relays just a couple of things often overlooked.

R

I missed all of them

mad4x4 - 17/6/09 at 07:10 AM

Chop it up with a grinder (big one) and take to the local recyling place in parts

The roof is useful steel plate for brakets etc.

The Bonnet makes a "Scrap heap challange " White board.....

[Edited on 17/606/09 by mad4x4]

speedyxjs - 17/6/09 at 07:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th
to avoid having an unsightly shell sat on it's arse on the drive for days

What, you mean like mine?

Brought feb 07, left drive nov 07

tootall - 17/6/09 at 09:23 AM

piggots auto parts in strencil york give them a bell took my shell for nowt from haxby but im only 3 miles away may have to give them a tenner or so.

James - 17/6/09 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th
to avoid having an unsightly shell sat on it's arse on the drive for days

What, you mean like mine?

Brought feb 07, left drive nov 07

And your neighbours waited this long to put up a fence?

paul the 6th - 17/6/09 at 03:54 PM

ell I've had the sierra sat on the drive since march this year & successfully ignored complaints from domestic management til recently..

Gonna get it stripped this wknd & hold onto it a day or two just to make sure I've got everything I need. Working away next week so will ring scrappers in advance to let them know when it's going to be available for collection and get rid sharpish..