Board logo

Morning and hello!!
cal - 19/10/11 at 10:11 AM

Hi guys just thought i would say hello!!! i dont own a locost as such i have a Westfield SE 1.6 but as your site has plenty of information i thought it best to join and trawl through. As its approaching winter i decided to rip out the old 1600 cvh lump with twin 40s and replace it with a 2.0 litre blacktop zetec running zx7 carbs and megajolt ignition. Look forward to showing you work in progress pictures.

steve m - 19/10/11 at 10:13 AM

Welcome, to the mad site!

please put a location in your profile, as im sure you will have some one local who can assist/get in the way!

No were near me then!

regards

steve

[Edited on 19/10/11 by steve m]

Hector.Brocklebank - 19/10/11 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Welcome, to the mad site!

please put a location in your profile, as im sure you will have some one local who can assist/get in the way!

No were near me then!

regards

steve

[Edited on 19/10/11 by steve m]

Inverness to crawley now thats a hike and a half if you ever think of "popping up" to help !!!!

cal - 19/10/11 at 10:43 AM

Yea, i had to drive her 10 hours from where i got her from, very sore ass after that!!!

lewis - 19/10/11 at 10:44 AM

Welcome! I'm also changing to a blacktop this winter from a pinto though,so will watch your progress and help each other with problems,I'm about as far away from you as you can get though lol,Lewis.

Daddylonglegs - 19/10/11 at 10:45 AM

Hi and welcome to the nut-shop

I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice on here as most of us have already

JB

cal - 19/10/11 at 10:49 AM

Lewis saw the pics from you riping your current engine out, looks good!! my engine should be coming down from Orkney in the near future then just waiting on DANST for the manifold, anyone looking at bike carbs may wish to look at DANST engineering.

lewis - 19/10/11 at 10:54 AM

I have got the gearbox out now too so on my way,we can muddle through together :-) its the fuel and water system I'm not looking forward to.

cal - 19/10/11 at 10:57 AM

i cant see the fuel being an issue on my build, i thought the FACET might provide too much pressure but ive got an adjustable FPR which i can use to reduce the flow to the bike carbs just need to drill out the main jets to 1.6. No idea what im going to do with the cooling, im blindly hoping that everything will just be ok, hahah liek thats going to happen

jossey - 19/10/11 at 02:29 PM

welcome cal,

hope you dont spend every spare min on here like many of do.