Board logo

PIR light not working ??
steve m - 13/9/10 at 08:24 PM

Ive bought one of these lights, and have fitted it, despite no instructions !!
not exactley difficult!
Problem is, it dont bl**dy work

I can switch it on and off a few times on the inside switch, and it does come on, after about 4-5 flicks, but the light stays on permantley, not what i intended
Anyone, got the sayings that should go with it ?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Lighting/Exterior+Lighting/60W+PIR+Half+Lantern+Black/d220/sd2663/p37604

mangogrooveworkshop - 13/9/10 at 08:29 PM

1st need to set the level of light for it to work.
second setting is for duration

quinnj3 - 13/9/10 at 08:38 PM

This is an easy one to answer. Most new PIR lights have a function that if you turn them off-on-off-on they will stay on permantly. If its not coming on at night try turning up the light sensitivity.

If that still is not working, take it back for a replacement.

steve m - 13/9/10 at 08:44 PM

It does not have ANY adjusments, unlike the old sensor lights that had duration, sensitivity ect

Steve

karlak - 13/9/10 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m
It does not have ANY adjusments, unlike the old sensor lights that had duration, sensitivity ect

Steve

Are you sure - I bought one recently and the adjusters were very well hidden behind a flap, it looked like part of the sensor but lifted up to reveal three adjusters. Post a piccie maybe someone has a similar one.

I reckon it would very unusal not to have some control over light and time settings..

YQUSTA - 13/9/10 at 09:10 PM

As said you are missing where the adjusters are find the little buggers

It must have them

"10-12 metre sensitivity range, 120 detection range. Time on 3 minutes +/- 20 secs"

MakeEverything - 13/9/10 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m

not exactley difficult!
Problem is, it dont bl**dy work

I hope you realise how that reads..... ?

matt_claydon - 14/9/10 at 07:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YQUSTA
As said you are missing where the adjusters are find the little buggers

It must have them

"10-12 metre sensitivity range, 120 detection range. Time on 3 minutes +/- 20 secs"

I'd say the above text means it's not adjustable. Those ranges aren't very big and look far more like tolerances on fixed values.

steve m - 14/9/10 at 10:57 AM

I have just got a copy of the instructions
and "sensitivity and lux level are factory set and not adjustable"

still doesnt work though !!