Board logo

going back to learn
gaz_moose - 28/8/08 at 08:18 PM

hi im new here but ive been lurking in the background for a while.

anyway ive been working as a mechanic for about 8 years 5 years of that was for a small motorsport company.but i recently got made redundant.I want to go back to uni/college to learn fabricating but most of the courses ive seen are more focused around construction (like welding great dirty girders together) i wondered if someone could point me in the direction of some place that would teach me welding/fabricating with an automotive based theme as i think this is the route i want to go down.i can already mig weld and was just learning to tig ally but had no one to really teach me.im 24 so not over the hill just yet i hope!

i looked at the various motorsport courses but they seemed to more bias towards teaching people how to use CAD.
ive kind of got a bit annoyed and feel like im banging my head against a wall.

cheers gaz..

Paul TigerB6 - 28/8/08 at 08:20 PM

Pop in your profile where you are based. It helps so much for us to know where others are roughly

gaz_moose - 28/8/08 at 08:45 PM

yeah i guess that might help

orbital - 28/8/08 at 09:02 PM

Another Tammy resident!! I tell ya we're slowly taking over!!

Gaz send a u2u to MartynV on this forum. He works as a lecturer down at Tamworth college in the workshop (he might be the head honcho I can't remember, sorry Martyn!) He's a very helpful chap and if Tamworth college don't run the course your after he may well know one that does.

Cheers

Dave