Board logo

Omex coolant sensor + zetec thermostat housing
sergebelg - 1/10/10 at 08:00 AM

Omex coolant sensor thread : M12 1.5
Zetec thermostat housing sensor thread : 3/8NPT

Is it possible to fit the omex sensor in the thermostat housing with an adapter ? I ahve searched but didn't found the right adapter... if someone has an idea where I could get this adaptor...

If it's not possible, where should I locate this sensor ?

Thank you

[Edited on 1/10/10 by sergebelg]

Mal - 1/10/10 at 09:10 AM

Contact Omex, they supply their ECU's with Zetec engines as a package, so should know.

stevebubs - 1/10/10 at 02:16 PM

I'm guessing you've got a blacktop?

Get a silvertop thermostat housing - the lower of the 2 sensor holes should be a direct fit.

stevebubs - 1/10/10 at 02:17 PM

Failing that, get an M12x1.5 blanking plug from the Think Auto and drill and tap to fit.

Stephen

jeffw - 1/10/10 at 05:16 PM

Omex supply a converter....

sergebelg - 3/10/10 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs

Get a silvertop thermostat housing - the lower of the 2 sensor holes should be a direct fit.

unfortunately not : I have a silvertop and the lower thread is 1/8NPT , it would have been too easy ;-)

I took contact with Omex and yes, they provide an adaptor. I will order tomorrow

[Edited on 3/10/10 by sergebelg]

will121 - 7/10/10 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sergebelg
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs

unfortunately not : I have a silvertop and the lower thread is 1/8NPT , it would have been too easy ;-)

I took contact with Omex and yes, they provide an adaptor. I will order tomorrow

[Edited on 3/10/10 by sergebelg]

did you get adaptor ok? as Emerald sell them too picked one up from them today for £2.