Board logo

Propshaft?
kendo - 15/5/07 at 08:32 PM

What is the general consensus on sources for propshafts?

Engine is x/flow with 4 speed, rear axle is cortina. I have a 2 piece prop that could be modified, but what would that cost v's a new one?

Car is being built in Bedford but I'm in Gloucestershire.

Thoughts please.

snapper - 15/5/07 at 08:39 PM

Kit car mags have Dunnings and Fairbanks, i have one of these. These guys have been around for ever they will make it or mod yours plus balance Leeds LS9 0SD. 0113 248 8788, the other advertiser is www.autoprop.co.uk don't know about these guys and one more, Reco-Prop (UK) Ltd 25 years in the business, www.reco-prop.com Luton.

kendo - 15/5/07 at 08:50 PM

Ah!

I knew there was a place in Luton but for the life of me I couldn't get the name.

Cheers

awinter - 15/5/07 at 09:14 PM

Theres a place in Leicester.

MJC engineering.
My props there at the mo having a new centre bearing and bush fitted.

swalf3 - 15/5/07 at 09:27 PM

There is a place in Bristol called Chards-Tel 01179777681.Excellent engineers not the cheapest but all the backup you need.Ask for Nigel-he's the foreman.Winston

jollygreengiant - 16/5/07 at 02:20 AM

Bailey Morris at Eaton Socon/St Neots. I've not used them yet but they have a Very Good reputation from the Hot Rod/Stock car racers (my boss was the starter at Brafield stock car race circuit.)

rusty nuts - 16/5/07 at 04:52 PM

Second Bailey Morris , Local to Bedford .

Bob C - 16/5/07 at 08:54 PM

There are propshaft places all over - there's one within 200yds of my work, I know one in Macclesfield & another in Northwich - in fact it's a mystery how so many proshaft places survive!! Who's using all these propshafts??
Anyway these places (in my experience) are all helpful, friendly, knowledgable & usually understand the notion of a "discount for cash"
Just find your nearest one.....
Bob

brycheiniog - 16/5/07 at 09:39 PM

Another vote for Bailey Morris...

Jonathan