Board logo

Zetec inlet manifold
Monkeybasher - 6/3/08 at 07:17 PM

Hi,

I have just aquired a 2.0l zetec focus. I have this manifold lying about and have never used it, so am unsure how good it is. Will my otherwise standard focus benefit from this and a filter being fitted to it.

Any thoughts, as always are welcome

Cheers steve Rescued attachment Photo-0122.jpg
Rescued attachment Photo-0122.jpg

tim windmill - 6/3/08 at 07:29 PM

looks like my griffin manifold that i recentley purchased for my zetec supposed to be good for 150/160 bhp using standard fuel rail and throttle body

saigonij - 6/3/08 at 07:30 PM

the manifold has no provision for the ISCV, so you will have difficulty running the stock ECU on it.

I was going to go down that route with my kitcar, but, because of teh ISCV i woudl have to use a custom ECU, which put the expense up even more.

SeaBass - 6/3/08 at 07:32 PM

Where do the injectors go?

Monkeybasher - 6/3/08 at 07:46 PM

150/160bhp nice

No ISCV never thought of that, rubbish, may need to build another megasquirt

The injectors go just before the flange, the manifold is upside down.

Cheers

Steve

Monkeybasher - 6/3/08 at 07:53 PM

Just thinking, I haven't even seen the zetec ISCV, but is it not possible to incorporate it with this manifold a wee bit plumbing and fabrication??

Steve

Monkeybasher - 6/3/08 at 08:36 PM

Just found this. Not sure what role it plays although its to do with the manifold, is it for Idle speed control??? Rescued attachment Photo-0124.jpg
Rescued attachment Photo-0124.jpg

saigonij - 6/3/08 at 08:49 PM

yea, that might be for the ISVC, although they are not normally 3 bolt holes though.... usually 2

Schrodinger - 6/3/08 at 09:08 PM

A while back I bought a similar manifold that came from a Ginnetta and it had a separate mounting "ring" for the valve which mounted between the manifold and the TB using the TB bolts.
It sits in my garage atm doing nothing.

tim windmill - 7/3/08 at 09:02 AM

mine is up and running without using the ISCV starts fine and ticks over nice snd smooth.

Schrodinger - 7/3/08 at 02:49 PM

I've found a picture but it's not up to much Rescued attachment throttle bod.JPG
Rescued attachment throttle bod.JPG

saigonij - 7/3/08 at 05:33 PM

tim windmill, what ECU are you using?

MikeRJ - 7/3/08 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Monkeybasher
Hi,

I have just aquired a 2.0l zetec focus. I have this manifold lying about and have never used it, so am unsure how good it is. Will my otherwise standard focus benefit from this and a filter being fitted to it.

Probably not. The very short runners on that manifold will undoubtedly hurt torque at low-mid RPM which is where you feel it the most on an everyday type car.