Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Accident - What to do?
Ninehigh

posted on 22/2/12 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair if that dent is how it looks to me I would not bother repairing it, I might be tempted to give it a knock from the inside to try and straighten it up a bit though

By the look of it I put a bigger dent in my own door once leaning on it

redeye

posted on 23/2/12 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
£300 cash in hand this morning, hopefully that will be the end of it.

thanks very much for the helpful advice guys

Now I can finally afford that new sump Ive always wanted

Patrick

The Venom Project

posted on 23/2/12 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Some wanker hit the back of my Megane 2 years ago, I wasn't even in the car at the time, it was parked, after being recorded on CCTV blasting down the road at what the police determined was over 70MPH in a 30 zone, he launched a Punto into the back of my car, the punto was destroyed, his car was also destryoed, he wasn't wearing a seatbelt as his chest hit and bent the steering whell (TWAT), I contacted my insurance company to explain that the Police had been called out, details exchanged and the info they needed to contact his insurance company, as this was not my fault at all, I expected to have my car repaired on his insurance, and that would be the end of it, A typical Asian, then messed me about for weeks, at which point I needed to hire a car, eventually the car was repaired, funny how my renewal was nearly twice what I paid prior to the accident. Although I didn't claim on my insurance, Swinton well and truly shafted me...

When I cancelled to find a much cheaper quote online, I got my proof of No Claims from them, it listed an enquiry I made about damage on my car 4 years ago, and also about my damage (That I didn't claim for)

Although they say this had nothing to do with the price of my renewal, I find it almost immposible to see why this would be on my record if I didn't claim?

All in all, All insurance companies are wankers, wanting your money, and waiting to find one shred of evidence to void your insurance and leave you high and dry.

Avoid contacting your insurance at all costs if it can be sorted out of insurance.

£600 for a wing is daylight robbery

When I took my car to the Accident Repair Centre in Huddersfield, I was told "its just a 2 day job mate" Funny, it took 10 days for me to get my car back. Its all about making as much money as possible, and is why we all pay a hefty price for insuring the smallest of cars.

The insurance on my TR1KE is a third of what my main car is :-)

My damage on my car was a cracked bumper, and broken rear light.

Repair cost was £1400 :-)

[Edited on 23/2/12 by The Venom Project]

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.