New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Difference between driving in the wet and dry
Irony

posted on 5/12/14 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
I do however agree that BMW 3 series in the snow are just useless. Every morning my former next-door neighbour got stuck on his own driveway when it smelled of snow. Only to be passed by his missus who happily drove out past him in her corsa.

was that one with the stupidly wide / low profile wheels like the M sport wheels that they all seem to have these days ?&#8626;&#8626;
if so BMW recommend much narrower high profile winter tyres and wheels (ie. The ones they use in countries that require them by law in winter)

[Edited on 5/12/2014 by mcerd1]

I don't know what they were but I know it was a company car so they were probably standard BMW issue. For all its poor winter weather performance (on standard tyres) he loved it. After he lost it due to a job change he bought another.

Davey D

posted on 5/12/14 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
I went to an AK kitcar open day a year or so ago. It was a bit damp but not overly cold. One of their drivers took me out in their demo car which was around 500bhp supercharged chevy ls3. He was taking it steady entering into a dual carriageway. The car started snaking and we ended up hitting a car that we was overtaking. Me being in the passenger seat was on the side that took the smack! Really me me jump :-o
Grimsdale

posted on 5/12/14 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorpIs that the topof the Snake? Not sure I'd have parked on that bend for the photo.

I don't know if this makes it better or worse, but it was closed at the time. This was taken on the sheffield side of the highest point, and I had not seen another car (other than abandoned ones in ditches) since glossop.

spiderman

posted on 6/12/14 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Here.

http://www.cloudy.ec/v/3cc8b7ed2a086

Not me by the way.

[Edited on 6/12/14 by spiderman]

Spider

sebastiaan

posted on 8/12/14 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grimsdale
quote:
Originally posted by proretromake's me wonder has anyone drove their kits in snow or ice ???

Time to repost this photo methinks:

That goes well with this:

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.